Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default WTB--Delta/Rockwell lathe parts Vari spindle speed change parts

Well, I made an impusle purchase a couple nights ago, at night no less, in the dark, on a machine that was obliviously not under power. Got her home, Hooked her up, could not speed up or slow down??? After further inspection, (the handwheel for raises-lowers the speeds was already gone) removed the lower side cover, and not only was the wide variable speed belt missing, but looks like maybe a pulley and some other parts missing too. I can turn the shaft where the hand wheel was, and the jackshaft is moving in and out, moving the casting bracket that I guess had something attached to it at one time, like another pulley or something?? Here is a pic of the lathe, anybody have any parts, info, or leads on parts?? Otherwise she seems to run decent, but with only wide open and super slow in back gears, thats not going to cut it. And yes, the compound wheel is broke too, but I knew that when I bought..img_20160126_125351.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Convert it to a VFD and don't worry about the missing parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I took the 2 speed motor off and replaced it with a dc motor. Eliminates the reeves drive. Works good. Bob