What's new
What's new

WTB Doall 90 degree saw guide brackets

Gary Puls

Plastic
Good morning,
I am looking for a set of the brackets shown in the attached picture for my Doall vertical bandsaw.

Please message me if you have a set that is available.

Thank you, Gary IMG_5584.jpg

Gary,
I don't want to bust your bubble, but there are many variations of those parts. Over the years there have been surprising little changes, but there have been some and many accessories and features have also been made available. First, you need to do your homework and acquire the correct parts manual for your saw. The correct manual is based on model, installed features and serial number. These can be found on the riveted ID plate. There is no short cut. Secondly, you can advertise for bits and pieces, but most folks won't part with them, if they are available used at all. Many of these parts are still available direct from DoALL, but the prices will make your eyes roll. DoALL is very good about support, they may even give you an engineering drawing so you can make your parts, if they do not. Good Luck

question is, why would you want the 90 deg blocks, the 45s are generally as useful, and don't tweak the blade as much.

cut deeper into lengths of wider stock, yes, guess so. seems that I can cut about 11" into an unlimited length with the 45s on my 16, and of corse you can go to about 16 on a 16 with the 90s.

to go 90, though, you can simply make an adapter block from some square stock and some pins, a bit of drilling and tapping, probably a lot easier that trying to find the rare 90 deg guides, unless you get lucky. :)

if it's for a straight across cut, the answer is get a big enough horizontal band saw!

If you happen to have a set of these elusive beasts, the DoAll part numbers I am looking for are:
090-275975 and 090-275966.

I have as set of the 45 degree guides, like the ones listed on ebay. My saw takes a different style. And yes I might just make a set!

Thank you all for the advice!

Back