What's new
What's new

WTB Emco Thread Dial

ndh78

Cast Iron
I have a friend with an Emco Maximat 11 and it does not have a thread dial for cutting threads I am not familiar with this machine and don't know if a dial is even available but if so he would like to have one.

[bump]

Thread dials are so lightly stressed and don't demand much in the way of precision; just a gear that engages the leadscrew at one of a shaft, with a pointer and dial at the othe end of the shaft.

This board has first-hand accounts of wooden dial bodies, and other reports of wooden gears.

Does your friend has a parts catalog? Reprints of the owner's manual are available:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EMCO-Maxima...697?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43ae448429

Perhaps the following link has a good image of a threading dial:
Page Title

I suggest saving an ebay search, use the terms "emco (threading, thread, chaser, dial)" and see what pops up for the next 30-60 days.

I'm at work so I found a pic on line of one the one I have at home. it came with a Emco Maximat super 11 that I bought. Blue Ridge used to sell them but it looks like they are out of stock (link).

I'd sell mine for 90.00 shipped. pm me if interested. thanks

jeff in long beach

Attachments

• Threading Dial Indicator (Medium).jpg
    Threading Dial Indicator (Medium).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3,857
threading dial indicator EMCO Maximat Super 11

Hi all,
I'm thinking of starting to make these myself as a "after market version". It will be an improved version of course that will be easy to adept to the required threading. The mounting is "once" , though not permanent, but it will provide choice of thhreading without reajusting the bolt and thus saving time for the enthousiast EMCO Maximat Super 11 user/owner.
Regards,
Max

Hi,
These are hard to find, no more new nowadays . Maybe here:
Thread Dial Indicator for Super 11 lathe - Blue Ridge Machinery and Tools
Have a try, good luck!
Regards, Max

I have a friend with an Emco Maximat 11 and it does not have a thread dial for cutting threads I am not familiar with this machine and don't know if a dial is even available but if so he would like to have one.
ive got a new one in a box with instructions for an s11 for sale
carl (uk)

Tell your friend to join the Super 11 User group on groups.io: [email protected] | Topics.(formerly hosted on Yahoo groups)
There are a lot of us on that board and folks looking for parts will often post there -- maybe some of the folks on this thread..

..when it rains it pours- I had been looking for that seemingly rare as hen's teeth thread dial indicator for quite some time and ended up paying probably too much. Then within the past 3 weeks I've seen three of them bubble up for sale.

-D

Back