What's new
What's new

WTB: Erickson R8 to QC30 adapter (or QC 30 spindle)

Freedommachine

Stainless
I recently purchased a Clausing Kondia FV1-CNC mill to replace an old Millport that was worn beyond it's useful life. The problem is that the Clausing has an R8 spindle but all of my tooling is QC30/nmtb30. I have tried to swap the spindles between the two machines but they are just different enough to not be interchangeable. I have a job for this machine that needs to start next week!

So... I am in desperate need of either an R8 to QC30 adapter (to buy myself some time) OR a QC30 spindle that will fit this machine.

The FV1 that I have is the fixed ram style in which the head is not removable.

I've been searching for weeks now and haven't been able to come across either of them.

If you have an adapter but only want to sell it as a lot with holders as well? That's ok too, let me know what you've got and maybe we can work something out.

I have cash as well as a variety of stuff that I'd be willing to trade. Thank you for looking!

I have a qc30 spindle for a bp. Probably no chance it's the same. I also have a boss 5 qc spindle without bearings if you want to modify one.

When you get a chance, could you please check these dimensions on your spindle?

On my mill's R8 spindle:

Spindle shaft splined section O.D. = 0.975"

Splines= 0.195" wide

Spindle nose cap I.D.= 1.900

Bp is 6 spline, ¼ wide, .995 major dia. Nose cap is captive to assembled spindle, so no way to measure id.

Boss 5 spindle is longer than manual bp, so may be able to cut new splines in extra length. Also not drilled.

gbent- I will keep the Boss spindle in mind if I cannot find a more expedient option. Thank you for the offer!

lazz-
Yep! That's the one I'm after. You wouldn't be looking to part with that one?:)

I think this is one of those things the kids are going to sell for $5 a bucket full at the garage sale after Im gone.

It is missing a screw.
20200624_184553.jpg
I bought this the summer before I retired. Back when I had money and high hopes to have time for all the projects I dreamed up in all those years of working in the Arizona sun.

If I sell this the dream of a QC for my mill goes away....
The best I can remember is I have right at $300 invested.
If that kinda of money doesnt scare you away lets talk via a PM
Other wise do you think the kids will get enough out of it to buy what will then pass for a cup of coffee?

Only one screw matters, its a dog point. I think its silver with the other two blackened. The dog point engages the tool retention ring. If the tool isn't retained or ejected properly you move this screw as necessary. The other two are place fillers to keep from dinging the threaded holes.

On edit: The dog point is black, the two filler screws silver.

Lazz- pm sent.

Gbent- Thank you. I used to have trouble with the one in my old mill sticking, that would explain why. I never thought to move the screws around.

Hi, you indicated that you have a qc30 spindle shaft that you may be willing to part with. Can we talk ?

Back