What's new
What's new

WTB: Follow Rest and Taper Attachment for Takisawa TSL Lathe

JJ0704

Plastic
I'm looking for a follow rest for a Takisawa TSL series 14" lathe. The compatible model numbers are the TSL-550, TSL-800 and TSL-1000. They are often re-branded as a Yuasa, Webb, Maxturn, Royal, etc.

Please PM me or email me with price.

Thanks!
JJ

They're a bit hard to find - DAMHIKT. ;) Great lathe, BTW.

I've only seen one with a taper attachment - a 14"X 4" YUASA/TAKISAWA "LX144" GEARED HEAD ENGINE LATHE - #28357 | eBay Yuasa that's for sale at a reasonable price in Cincinnati. Dunno if you're willing to change lathes just to get the taper attachment, but it's also the more desirable Yuasa. D2-6 spindle, larger spindle bore and higher speeds, though change gears are different than the other Takisawas. I do have a Yuasa manual (graciously copied by another PM'er) that's copy-able.

On edit - IIRC, the crossfeed screw is longer on the models with taper attachment. And if you're lucky enough to find a parts model, I'm looking for a stop rod assembly, complete with brackets.

Good luck!

Neil

Im looking for a follow rest for the 15 inch tsl. Mines yuasa branded with the d1-6 spindle and 1800 max rpm. Love the machine but parts are nearly impossible to find! Anyone that has any parts let me know i may be interested.

Back