What's new
What's new

WTB Hardinge BB2V/BB4 Vise

fishiganmichigan

Aluminum
Shot in the dark. I have a rare 3” Kurt Ang-Lock vise in great condition I’d be willing to trade, otherwise I’d be happy to purchase.

I have a couple spare Hardinge bench mill vises. They fit the Chicago Cataract bench millers and the later Elmira BB2V and BB4 mills. One is complete and one is missing the steel jaw faces and their screws. I don't have a spare crank handle with 3/8" hole, but one can be made from a 3/8 drive extension or similar tool.

I have a number of miscellaneous parts for the mills and other older Hardinge machines.

Have you figured out that the feed screws on these mills have square threads, not acme? I have some screws and nuts.

I do not want a 3" Kurt vise.

Larry

DSC01826.jpg DSC01827.jpg

Larry - Thanks so much for replying. Do you know if one of those vises is in better shape than the other, as far as wear in the movable jaw goes? If the jawless one has seen a lot less wear, I would rather go that route & fabricate some jaws for it.

Below you can see the BB2V I've recently restored. Got it from a woodworker for $800. I've already torn it apart & fixed some things up, now need to replace the 120V motor with a 3-phase.

I'd be very interested in other parts as well. I have a full collet set, but the nuts are a bit worn.IMG_5655.jpg

Larry - I sent you a private message, although I'm not sure if it actually went through. It seems PM is a bit buggy on this browser. Will have to try another.

Rick

Back