What's new
What's new

WTB: small rotary table

leeko

Stainless
I recently picked up an 11" Advance rotary cross slide table, which is really nice but stupid heavy for everyday use. I figured I'd pick up a cheap/small rotary to use for simple/low tolerance work, and save the Advance for stuff that really needs it.

I was looking at the import 6" or 8" horizontal/vertical rotaries. Figured I'd check here to see if anyone has a decent used one before I buy a questionable import.

I don't particularly need a tailstock or dividing plates - I have a DH for that. But wouldn't refuse them if the offer is good!

Thanks

Lee

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lee, I have a possibly unused 9" Troyke horizontal with the dividing attachment, lots nicer than what you said you want. I emailed pictures and price.

Larry

Thanks Larry. Very nice, but I'm going to have to pass. I'd like the vertical option if possible, and lighter will be better for this application. Beautiful rotary though!

Thanks again,

Lee

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I recently picked up an 11" Advance rotary cross slide table, which is really nice but stupid heavy for everyday use. I figured I'd pick up a cheap/small rotary to use for simple/low tolerance work, and save the Advance for stuff that really needs it.

I was looking at the import 6" or 8" horizontal/vertical rotaries. Figured I'd check here to see if anyone has a decent used one before I buy a questionable import.

I don't particularly need a tailstock or dividing plates - I have a DH for that. But wouldn't refuse them if the offer is good!

I lucked into a rusty (but cleaned up NICE!) Yuasa/News 6" so old it had their original Japanese name on it instead.

Nicely made item. 90:1 ratio vs my 40:1 Ellis DH, with all seven plates now.
That means there are even one or two odd divisions it adds with the Ellis plates adapted.

Highly recommend it for low need of daylight, light and handy one-hand lift and placement. 8" or even 10" could be good, too.

Not that there is really a lot wrong with the ones being made in India, more recent years, either. Crappy plastic handwheels yah can EASILY correct.

Bill,

That's very kind of you, offering to pass on your yuasa table :)

Lee

LOL! Not yet! I prolly wont start "passing-on" the Ironmongery until I start having trouble passing a toilet.... without stopping to spend a penny!

Not sure I could even SWALLOW a toilet, come to think of it..

?

Just a plug for Yuasa in case you find one labeled "Yamatokoki Mfg" or "News" and miss the connection.

:)

Lee, I have a possibly unused 9" Troyke horizontal with the dividing attachment, lots nicer than what you said you want. I emailed pictures and price.

Larry

I also am looking- could you sent along the info to me Larry.

I am asking the exact same question myself this morning Leeko.
Like this one:

10" Horizontal Vertical Rotary Table Milling Precision Quality | eBay
(Same seller has all the smaller ones as well)

I want the dividing plates and asked that seller is he has plates available for it.

What the heck- take a chance...?

Here are pictures of my Troyke 9" horizontal rotary table, which is available for sale. It has been on that shelf for about thirty years and I think the previous owner bought it new and never used it either. I have an Enco 8" table I bought around 1975 and I have used it a few times, but not lately.

I did send a PM to TR.

Larry

DSC00996.jpg DSC00997.jpg DSC02249.jpg DSC02250.jpg DSC02251.jpg

To the OP_ I just got a Palmgren 8" vert/horiz at work, and am very disappointed with the quality and movement. Maybe you folks already knew that, but I was clueless, and it shows! :) If you need it to operate smoothly while milling something, you'll have to put a larger handle on it to get it to turn, and there will still be backlash...

To the OP_ I just got a Palmgren 8" vert/horiz at work, and am very disappointed with the quality and movement.

I have a Palmgren, but I have it on my drill press. It's the greatest thing since sliced bread on the drill press, but I tried milling with it and will never make that mistake again.

Steve

I’ve got a generic 4-inch H/V taking up shelf
space if that would be of interest. Cheap or trade for other machinist related goods.

Back