What's new
What's new

WTB Hendey lathe parts

Adrianboomer

Plastic
I love the vintage Machinery community and have yet again taken on another project.
I am looking for some Hendey Tie Bar lathe parts.

quick change gear rocker handles/ latches
change gear end cover/guard
feed gear cover/guard
spindle gear and intermediate gear

I believe a 12" parts lathe from 1904-1917 will work and there may be a few exceptions beyond that, but I would appreciate any support I can get!!

Thanks for looking,
Kindly,
Adrian

I love the vintage Machinery community and have yet again taken on another project.
I am looking for some Hendey Tie Bar lathe parts.

quick change gear rocker handles/ latches
change gear end cover/guard
feed gear cover/guard
spindle gear and intermediate gear

I believe a 12" parts lathe from 1904-1917 will work and there may be a few exceptions beyond that, but I would appreciate any support I can get!!

Thanks for looking,
Kindly,
Adrian

If you were closer, I’d sell you a complete machine. I’m getting really close but I’m not ready to start parting it out yet.

Here’s the link.
Another Old Hendy

Do you need one or Both Rocker Handles? My '38 12x30 is needing the 12 speed box rocker handle. If you find a spot on a few drop me a line, I'll do the same if I come across any parts you can use.

Last edited:
Hey Greasegirl,
I need both rocker handles unfortunately. Ill keep you in might if anything of interest turns up!

spindle gear and intermediate gear and the change gear bushing. I am not sure the tooth numbers as I have not seen the drawings yet. But they are not big gears. Thanks for any help you may be able to offer....I have no spare parts on my end, but in my search, if I do find a parts lathe or anything, I will keep you posted. Cheers

If you find any dimensions or have pictures of the gears they mesh with let me know, I have a ton of change gears that fit my hendey 12x30 gear head that originally came from a B&S screw machine if I remember correctly.

I have found some parts but I am still looking for 12"Hendey tie Bar Spindle guard and change gear guard as well the intermediate gear assembly. I have found 1 rocker lever but still need the lever for the compound box.

I have found someone with some very nice 12" Hendey parts and he has been a real help to me. PM me if you would like to know more about my source has in the what of hendey parts.

Last edited:
I might be able to assist in that gear possibly but I would need dimensions on it. I have a ton of small gears and if I can get a tooth count pitch and pressure angle I can tell you if I have it. Or a close up of the gears it meshes with on the machine. Many of the gears I have fit as change gears on my lathe and I'm hoping ours are the same.

Thank you to those who have messaged me etc to help me find what I need.

I am down to needing just the 2 end covers (for the spindle gear and change gears) for a pre-1918 Hendey tie bar cone-head and a single Rocker latch lever for the 1-2-3 compound gear box.

Any leads on dead Hendeys, or machines currently being parted would be greatly appreciated!

Back