What's new
What's new

WTB Hitachi Seiki HT-25S lathe tool blocks

Rhershkowitz

Plastic
I own a 1990 Hitachi Seiki HT-25S lathe, and I need some of the tool blocks for the turret. It has a 10 position turret, and uses bolt on blocks with a 4 bolt 40mm x 95mm pattern. The blocks locate with a 20mm groove, and have coolant passages.

Thanks!

BUMP!

Still looking for these blocks. I have contacted Rovi, who told me to contact Global CNC. Global CNC can make them for me, and is a great option for anyone looking for custom made tooling, But I'd like to avoid the cost of new custom made tooling blocks if I can find good used ones. If anyone has some contact information for any of their local machine tool dealers that might be able to track these down for me, that could be helpful.

Thanks!

BUMP!

I managed to find a pair of ID blocks on eBay for a reasonable price. Does anyone have any OD or face turning blocks that they're interested in selling? The bolt pattern is 40mm x 95 mm.

Thanks!

BUMP!

Still looking guys, hopefully the right person sees this and has some blocks they're willing to part with so I can get this machine making chips. I've been searching eBay nightly under different terms, nothing has turned up yet, have even resorted to searching Google images in hopes that something will come up that will work.

131409-50mm-bore-cnc-turret-tool-holder-block-coolant-thru[1].jpg

131409-50mm-bore-cnc-turret-tool-holder-block-coolant-thru-5[1].jpg

I have attached some pictures of the ID blocks I recently purchased on eBay just in case there is any question about what I'm searching for, and I have a .PDF of a print I had made of one of the blocks I have available upon request. The bolt pattern is 40mm (1.575") X 95mm (3.740"), the locating groove is 20mm, and they have thru coolant.

Thanks Guys!

Rodney Hershkowitz

BUMP!

Nothing to be found on eBay yet, I've tried messaging several used equipment dealers and havent come up with any leads yet. Over 400 views so far, hoping for the right one to come along.

Thanks Guys!

Rodney Hershkowitz

BUMP!

Still haven't come across anything. I have had prints made for both the ID and OD blocks for posting on MFG.com for bidding, but I'm still holding out hoping there is some good original blocks out in the wild that someone is willing to part with. The bolt pattern is 40mm (1.575") X 95mm (3.740"), the locating groove is 20mm, and they have thru coolant.

Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

Rodney Hershkowitz

BUMP!

The search continues into the new year. Hope everyone was safe during the holidays. I've been scouring ebay and google search trying to find these blocks, no such luck yet.

Rodney Hershkowitz

There is a HT-25s close to me. It's physically in good condition. The electronics are all torn up, but there are kennametal tool holders and tool blocks on it. It doesn't get used anymore, I can ask the owner if he would be willing to sell the tool blocks and I can ship them to you if you are still looking.

There is a HT-25s close to me. It's physically in good condition. The electronics are all torn up, but there are kennametal tool holders and tool blocks on it. It doesn't get used anymore, I can ask the owner if he would be willing to sell the tool blocks and I can ship them to you if you are still looking.

The kenmetal tool holders are more than likely KV tooling from kenmetal. it was a quick change tooling turret, they wont fit his machine as he uses the generic type.
easy to figure out there will be a large round flange on the back end of each tool its tappered and also has a big i.d. in them...

as far as finding tool holders. start calling around used machine places. theres a place in colorado call automatis something that sells a ton of tooling and machines. might want to give them a buzz.
Machinex corp in Az is gone and been gone for a ton of years they were the only ones who sold hitachi. they literally sold hundreds if not thousands of those machines here in the valley and mostly with the kv option though. Garrett aviation / allied signal had most of them, heard they shipped all those machines to mexico a bunch of years ago.

Delw is right, the tool holders are not the bolt on type, they look similar to a CT40 flange. I did go look at the machine, it's at the scrap yard now. It will be there this week, so if you need parts let me know.

Delw is right, the tool holders are not the bolt on type, they look similar to a CT40 flange. I did go look at the machine, it's at the scrap yard now. It will be there this week, so if you need parts let me know.

Is there a chance its still there? I went ahead an had the tool blocks made for mine, but I need the bushing that fpgoes in the tail stock to provide the mt5 taper. Hopefully I'm not too late, I haven't checked this for a bit due to no activity.

Back