What's new
What's new

WTB Kurt Milling vises

MeanMachine1980

Aluminum
Hello Everyone

I just bought my first cnc mill and I need a milling vise. I would prefer a kurt D688, D678, Dx6.

I cant believe Fleabay!! People want way more than that for old kurts with holes drilled everywhere!?!?!

Im finding the dx6 new for about $570. I know this is their new model but it is supposed to open further then the D688 and is supposed to clamp smoother with the pulling action vs the push of the 688 and 678. Anyone use these?

Thanks

I just bought a new Dx6 just about a month ago for my home shop. So far I really like it, but obviously I don't use it every day. It is indeed nice and smooth, but I wouldn't say its significantly more smooth than previous models I have messed with. I would definitely recommend it if you are thinking about buying a new vice.

Hello Everyone

I just bought my first cnc mill and I need a milling vise. I would prefer a kurt D688, D678, Dx6.

I cant believe Fleabay!! People want way more than that for old kurts with holes drilled everywhere!?!?!

Im finding the dx6 new for about $570. I know this is their new model but it is supposed to open further then the D688 and is supposed to clamp smoother with the pulling action vs the push of the 688 and 678. Anyone use these?

Thanks

Just get a DX6 from the scratch & dent section of the Kurt site. They're usually under $500.

The DX6s I've bought in Canada have been around $1k CAD each so count your blessings.

Thanks Guys

I didnt know about the scratch and dent section on kurt's website. Nice way to save $200! Hopefully these vises are in the Minneapolis area so I can save a few more dollars by picking them up instead of shipping.

Kurt ships free.

I bought a pair of DX6's last year from Western for less than $500 ea. They jacked the price this year with the steel tariffs.

Common on the left coast to see 688's on Cl in the $400 range for a new vise.

Back