What's new
What's new

WTB L1 Chuck, CA post and holders, MT5

jermfab

Cast Iron
I’m trying to tool up my (new to me) Lodge and Shipley Powerturn lathe.

Looking for:
L1, four-jaw chucks, any diameter will be considered.

Aloris or Dorian CA tool post and holders

MT5 drill chuck and centers

MT5 to JT3 arbors

MT5 Live centers

I’m also on the hunt for an 18” Lodge and Shipley steady rest, the bigger the better

Be safe and stay healthy

Jeremy

I have a 12" Cushman 4 jaw for sale! I also think I have a mt5 Jacobs super chuck or 2. Message me if you are interested.

I’m trying to tool up my (new to me) Lodge and Shipley Powerturn lathe.

Looking for:
L1, four-jaw chucks, any diameter will be considered.

Aloris or Dorian CA tool post and holders

MT5 drill chuck and centers

MT5 to JT3 arbors

MT5 Live centers

I’m also on the hunt for an 18” Lodge and Shipley steady rest, the bigger the better

Be safe and stay healthy

Jeremy

PM sent. Let me know,

Greg

there are 2 MT5 dead centers that look new (for cheap) on OWWM BOYD metalworking machines. there are also a few MT 5 to MT 4 adaptors in good shaPE. its the most recent post.

Here is a link to a video I did on a place here in Houston that has Steady Rests and Chucks crammed into every space :) https://youtu.be/b2Rtlp6uw8w

Jerry the owner may not know the exact make of the steadys but they will measure them for you if you call...

I have been dragging steadys out of there regularly now :) I have found Axelson steads for two 16" lathes and my 20". Also found one for Brian Block's 40" and two for Neil...

Now here's a deal for you.. Around the first of May I am making a trip up to Bagdad Kentucky to visit Brian and take him that honking big steady.. I'm also taking the two smaller steadys and meeting Neil in Nashville... Here is the good part for you...... I'm also going to be going through, or close to, Atlanta :) IF you find something you can make work from Jerry I would be willing to go pick it up and bring it to you....

Jeremy,
I'm just south of Atlanta and have a substantial amount of tooling that might outfit your beast.
I hv 2 model A lodge and shipley lathes in my collection. Email when you get a chance.
Johnny

Back