What's new
What's new

WTB: Large Angle Plates 36-48" Tall 2x

Hillside Fab

Cast Iron
Looking for a couple large angle plates for a HBM. The Y axis on it is 48", so anything in that height range would work. Probably 36" minimum, and 60" maximum tall.

I think a pair of them about 24-30" wide, and roughly 24-30" deep would be ideal.

Welded or cast is fine.

My cost for 2x new weldments is about $2800.

If you know of something in that range please shoot me a PM. Thank you.

Quick update - I spoke with Andy, and his were on the light duty side.

The angle plates I'm looking for will probably weigh over 1,000lbs each. My weldment concept finishes at 1,500lbs each.

So far Phil's is the closest to what I'm needing. Elwood had a lead, but it was only 1x 24" wide, and I think a matched pair is probably the way to go here. Or something 40+" wide that I can still lift with a 5k forklift.

This is going on a 25hp CNC Lucas, and the work pieces will be up to about 5,000lbs.

I guess we can go over 60" tall, but that's really just added weight in my application.

Thanks!

Quick update - I spoke with Andy, and his were on the light duty side.

The angle plates I'm looking for will probably weigh over 1,000lbs each. My weldment concept finishes at 1,500lbs each.

So far Phil's is the closest to what I'm needing. Elwood had a lead, but it was only 1x 24" wide, and I think a matched pair is probably the way to go here. Or something 40+" wide that I can still lift with a 5k forklift.

This is going on a 25hp CNC Lucas, and the work pieces will be up to about 5,000lbs.

I guess we can go over 60" tall, but that's really just added weight in my application.

Thanks!

Google "surplus record" There are lots of them around.

Google "surplus record" There are lots of them around.

I found that site a while back and kinda wrote if off since there are no advertised prices. But I started looking around there again and spent waaayy too many hours since they do have just about everything. Sent some RFQs and all the stuff was either sold or I'm pretty sure I could get brand new for the same price.

Look for a pair of DeVlieg plates. They are two piece, so you can remove the top half of necessary. They were all factory scraped, so you can tell if someone recut them.

I have a pair of 50” tall x 24” bottom leg. They are only 12” wide and about 1.375 thick weldments. If that size will work I can get more details and pics?

I also have a single cast iron box, 4’ wide x 5’ tall x 32” deep with t-slots and through holes, it weighs around 5,000 lbs., probably too big?

PM me if your interested in either?

Kevin

Looking for a couple large angle plates for a HBM. The Y axis on it is 48", so anything in that height range would work. Probably 36" minimum, and 60" maximum tall.

I think a pair of them about 24-30" wide, and roughly 24-30" deep would be ideal.

Welded or cast is fine.

My cost for 2x new weldments is about $2800.

If you know of something in that range please shoot me a PM. Thank you.

Looks like fabbing your own and machining them is gonna be the winner here.
Shipping cost for anything else is gonna be what $1k at least ?

Also, you can get creative and innovate some features only you need, like t-slots,
boxing in the angle braces for more torsional strength, etc.

Looks like fabbing your own and machining them is gonna be the winner here.
Shipping cost for anything else is gonna be what $1k at least ?

Also, you can get creative and innovate some features only you need, like t-slots,
boxing in the angle braces for more torsional strength, etc.

I havent seen LTL shipping that high on anything that can go on a skid. More like 2-300. Granted I dont send large skids all the time, so maybe you are right?

I have a pair of 50” tall x 24” bottom leg. They are only 12” wide and about 1.375 thick weldments. If that size will work I can get more details and pics?

I also have a single cast iron box, 4’ wide x 5’ tall x 32” deep with t-slots and through holes, it weighs around 5,000 lbs., probably too big?

PM me if your interested in either?

Kevin

I'll send you a PM.

Back