What's new
What's new

Precise Jig Grinder Manual WTB

johnoder

Diamond
Like the title says. Need a manual for the electric 45,000 RPM job made by Rockwell. This is a machine tool accessory, not a machine.:) Comes in a big metal box - top flips open, front flips down. Has conical collets to 1/4". Has built in offseting slide like boring/facing head, and has similar anti-rotation features. Even has air filter that can be changed.

Thank you

John Oder

Me Too!

I have the same model but need a repair parts manual. I have a grinder with Moore shank that is apart and need something to reference how it all goes back together.

Attachments

• P1000488.jpg
    P1000488.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 305
I pulled the front off of my Precise speed control unit for all to see.

KIMG0200.jpg

ormRJ3dA785fZ7y35zR7cd_dqbRajHx9FUM2gMYe-b8=w596-h929-no

Resurrecting the thread..

I now have not one but TWO of the venerable Rockwell / Precise ginders.

- model 1158 jig grinder with the Wohlhaupter (like) boring-head slide, R8 shank.

That will be for the mills.

- model 'Super 65' in a close-couple flat-base sleeve. Variac speed control was included,

That will be for TP grinding on the 10EE.

Both will benefit from new power cords. Brushes I can probably find from 'the usual suspects' EG - the makers of..

Both came with their (apparently) unobtanium collet nuts and several collets. Fischer-Precise still sell the collets. Didn't see a listing for collet nuts, but they probably have such.

As to third-party, Sopko - previously cited elsewhere as a source - no longer seems to list parts or rebuild, but may still have/do if asked.

I DID find collets at Ellaire, and at a bit under $40 per-each..

Questions:

Does anyone have further info (parts list, disassembly view, etc)?

Does anyone know of a reasonably-priced source for replacement air filters?

How about removal of the R8 shank so I can replace with NMTB/CAT 40, ELSE modify to straight shank for my various collet systems?

Thanks,

Bill

Air Filters for Precise Jig Grinder

Hi,

Any idea where to find affordable Air Filters for Precise S-57 Jig Grinder?

Does anybody has a few extra to sell?

Tuomo

Resurrecting the thread..

I now have not one but TWO of the venerable Rockwell / Precise ginders.

- model 1158 jig grinder with the Wohlhaupter (like) boring-head slide, R8 shank.

That will be for the mills.

- model 'Super 65' in a close-couple flat-base sleeve. Variac speed control was included,

That will be for TP grinding on the 10EE.

Both will benefit from new power cords. Brushes I can probably find from 'the usual suspects' EG - the makers of..

Both came with their (apparently) unobtanium collet nuts and several collets. Fischer-Precise still sell the collets. Didn't see a listing for collet nuts, but they probably have such.

As to third-party, Sopko - previously cited elsewhere as a source - no longer seems to list parts or rebuild, but may still have/do if asked.

I DID find collets at Ellaire, and at a bit under $40 per-each..

Questions:

Does anyone have further info (parts list, disassembly view, etc)?

Does anyone know of a reasonably-priced source for replacement air filters?

How about removal of the R8 shank so I can replace with NMTB/CAT 40, ELSE modify to straight shank for my various collet systems?

Thanks,

Bill

Back