What's new
What's new

Wtb linley jig bore collets

Good luck in your search, I only have one collet for mine. Luckily the gentleman I bought the machine from made a few home made ones that work ok. I also have a set of Atrax adapters that I use in one of my collets.

Danny

Last edited:
My first “mill-drill” was my Linley. I don’t use it as much anymore and was considering selling with a at least one set of collets. They would both have to go though, I don’t want to make an orphan. I know the day I sell it I will regret it! I assume you are looking for LB type? I believe there are at least 2 systems used depending on machine

Your best bet is probably to find a shop that specializes in spindles and have them make you an ER-32 collet holder that mimics the collet shape and fits in your spindle.

Then you will be able to put anything in the spindle.

It's a jig bore, not a milling machine, so you should not be putting side loads on it, so the additional stick-out is not an issue.

Steve

Mine works as a great little mill. That is what I bought to for and used it for.
Graduated in tenths and that is what I use it for. It puts bench top and small imports to shame.

As far as linely, there are 2 machines a box way machine(not suitable for milling due to climb and a dovetail one. My dovetail machine has been a great mill for maybe 25 years. Still no discernible wear/all scrapings still visible, side thrust-perfect. It has 24 or so collets. It may not have the accuracy for a jig bore anymore ( tight but a jig bore was VERY tight)

I would sell as I don’t need 4 mills

It's a jig bore, not a milling machine, so you should not be putting side loads on it, so the additional stick-out is not an issue.
Steve

The issue of milling on a jig bore never had anything to do with the spindle. It had to do with the screws that were used to measure.

Back