What's new
What's new

WTB Manual for Summit 14 lathe - early/mid '90s vintage or manual for similar Summi

aribert

Cast Iron
I just bought a Summit 14 (14x40) lathe. I am looking for a manual for it. I am willing to buy a manual for a similar configured Summit lathe with a different swing. Right now everything appears to function correctly - but the electrical panel has me spooked - the Clausing 5914 (that is being replaced by this machine) entire electrical system consists of a drum switch. I am willing to pay for scans or photocopy of the manual. Some images as to the style of Summit:

Attachments

• summit elec panel.jpg
    summit elec panel.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 41
  • summit controls.jpg
    summit controls.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 39
  • summit uper switch panel.jpg
    summit uper switch panel.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 34
Is this of any help? (use caution, I have not verified the source): Summit 14X40 Lathe Manual * GitHub Jim

Not sure - I signed up with GitHub but when I tried to access the manual I got redirected to one of several sites (LibraryE was one of them - free trial period then $39 or $49 /month, forgot the names of the other sites). I actually signed up but was still not able to access the manual so I requested a cancellation and then cancelled the charge card I used)

So last week I contacted Summit, gave then the model number and S/N & included an image of the mfg data plate. On Saturday a manual arrived, manual was for a 16 inch swing lathe about a decade older than mine - not a single control on the head stock was common, less contactor/relays and fuses in the schematic than in my lathe control box. So I contacted Summit again today and they have assured me they will send out the correct manual. Hope springs eternal.

Back