What's new
What's new

WTB Metric 5C Collets

cinematechnic

Cast Iron
Looking for 5C Metric collets, singles or a collet set.

Prefer Hardinge brand, or quality brands such as SPI (Made in Germany), Schaublin (Made in Switzerland).

I'm also interested in surplus metric or European tooling if you happen to have it, and Hardinge 4º taper spindle tooling (machinable collets, collet closers).

I'm located in Burbank, CA.

If you look on ebay there are a few now. But they mostly are hard to come by, and are generally more pricey than the imperial 5C's. Took me years, but I managed to buy a full set of Hardinge metric 5C's... missing only a 23mm collet. :-)

Buying on ebay in a full set you will be time & dollars ahead. The full sets come up occasionally.

If you end up w/ an extra 23mm Hardinge 5C, let me know. :-)

Last edited:
Stick with schaublin they are by far the best for precision. Harding are maybe the next best thing but often find they have far more run out then any schaublin I've seen. Also extended nose tend to run out less!!

Stick with schaublin they are by far the best for precision. Harding are maybe the next best thing but often find they have far more run out then any schaublin I've seen. Also extended nose tend to run out less!!

I'm familiar with the Schaublin collet quality as that is all I have ever had for my Schaublin 102 W25 lathe and I bought multiple new collets. I know Schaublin makes 5C collets, which they call W31.75 but I have never seen them in the U.S., new or used.

I have a set of metric collets from a deckel. They have the s20x2mm male thread. I bought them for a maho but they didn't fit. PM me if interested I can text you some pics

Received the collets on Friday (6/29), everything arrived in good condition. Thanks!

I am still interested in the following metric 5C collets:

Collets under 3mm
8.0mm, 10.5mm, 19.5mm collets
Collets over 27mm
Hex collets, any mm size
Square collets, any mm size

Back