What's new
What's new

WTB Millerette Gear Cutting/Hobbing Attachment

trohrer

Aluminum
I'm looking for a Millerette (some say South Bend, some say Garrett, some say other) gear cutting attachment for a 9" to 10" lathe. These are apparently for hobbing/cutting gears on a lathe, though I have yet to see one up close and personal, and do not fully understand their use. I take it there are a number of "change" gears that allow for cutting different configurations.

Best example I can find:
Millerette13.jpg

Thanks,
Terry

Millerette

I'm looking for a Millerette (some say South Bend, some say Garrett, some say other) gear cutting attachment for a 9" to 10" lathe. These are apparently for hobbing/cutting gears on a lathe, though I have yet to see one up close and personal, and do not fully understand their use. I take it there are a number of "change" gears that allow for cutting different configurations.

Best example I can find:
Millerette13.jpg

Thanks,
Terry

I have only seen pictures of a Millerette in some very old Southbend literature.. Dave Sobel had one advertised one time though as I recall... He was in Closter, NJ and I have dealt with him in the past for SB stuff and found him to be very reputable.. Mike

I have this one that I would like to sell or trade. I would say it is in very good condition but missing the tailstock and support rod. These also had a vise that could be changed out for the gear cutting attachment for milling. The vise was not standard.
007.jpg

Please email me if anyone is interested.
Thanks
Andy

I'm looking for missing parts for an incomplete Millerette I recently picked up. I have the main lead screw housing and few other parts. Please message me if you have anything.

Millerette parts.jpg

I'd like to find the indexing attachment and change gears shown in this thread:

Identify This Machine Part?

Back