What's new
What's new

WTB: Nikken MCT30 or SPI Quick Change tool holders

Mr Happy

Plastic
Bought a machine with a Nikken quick change spindle 6 months ago and had expected something to have come up by now, yet I've not found any for sale. Swapping the collet in the single holder that comes with it every time I change a tool is getting really tiresome, so does anyone have anything spare they're looking to sell?

According to the site below they're different and unlikely to fit. It seems to be hard stuff to find as I have alerts set and have been watching Yahoo Japan auctions, and nothing has appeared on there.

Machine Tool Shanks (Tapers)

Thanks for the offer, unfortunatly I've no real use for English size tools unless it really is the only option. Swapping the spindle has been mentioned yet the only ones around are Chinese. I'd rather put up with the inconvenient and accurate Nikken spindle, than a inaccurate Chinese R8 spindle. The other option was trying to adapt any 30 taper tooling although that's more work than it's really worth.

The Japanese don't use Ebay at all and their secondhand marketplace is Yahoo Auctions Japan. Like the French only use Leboncoin.

Back