What's new
What's new

WTB Old Sebastian Lathe Parts

engineman56

Plastic
Hi evreyone, I'm new here My names Kevin. I want to see if anyone on here has a book or some parts for a Sebastian lathe like this one. Any type of info would be greatly apprecated. I'm needing some parts for it. I'm missing the Quadrant and some gears. If it comes down to it I could cut out some gears if anyone has any drawings. I tried to post some pics I'm not doing something right. I'll post some pics and teh SN when I get by the lathe later this afternoon. Thanks Kevin

Your pictures do not open up to a size that is see-able. I parted out an early 15" Sebastian about 3 years ago but might still have some of the gears laying around.

I will look around the shop saturday.

tim

Look in the antique machinery forum for a thread that says something like "Hendy needs a home". There is a whole Sebastian for sale on Dayton Craigslist for $450. I can't tell if it is similar to yours because your photos are too small. A few of us are planning to make a trip back over to where the lathes are this Saturday to see what else is getting thrown in the scrap metal bin.

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/antique-machinery-history/hendey-needs-home-ohio-203561/

Last edited:
Thanks Alcosteam and Holescreek, I'll look in to it. I tried to find the Serial No. but I can't seem to see it yet. I will keep looking for it tho its got to be there. I have a book for a simlar Sebastian lathe and it says its by the tailstock stamped into the bed. I'll try again tomorrow. Sorry about my pics I'll try to fix that too. Its been up hill trying to find info about this lathe. Kevin

I'm going to try again with the pics. Heres some originals.

Attachments

• Old Lathe 001.jpg
    Old Lathe 001.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 1,755
  • Old Lathe 002.jpg
    Old Lathe 002.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 1,489
  • Old Lathe 003.jpg
    Old Lathe 003.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 726
That has to be the earliest example of a blue Ebay lathe ever documented. What would posess someone to paint the drill bit into the tailstock and the gears on the headstock.

The one for sale in Dayton only needs a good tailstock.

Holescreek, Yes they painted everything. I bought it that way. Its going to be a cleanup job but its not too bad to do. At least theres no rust under the paint. I think they done it when they stored it. Kevin

Sabastian Lathe

Hello, I know it's an old post but did you ever find what you are looking for? I have one I'd like to sell. Sabastian Lathe serial K5290 along with a few others....if your still lookin'.
Thanks!

To who me see rhis. Am trying to find Sebastian parts &knowledge thank you...
I just bought a Sebastian 16x48. I have a double handful of what appear to be spare gears and other miscellaneous parts. I'm waiting on a parts breakdown from DC Morrison, so I don't yet know if these are needed or not.

OTOH, the Course/Fine lever that is on the bottom-right of the threading selector box is missing. I don't even have a picture of what it should look like.

Hi evreyone, I'm new here My names Kevin. I want to see if anyone on here has a book or some parts for a Sebastian lathe like this one. Any type of info would be greatly apprecated. I'm needing some parts for it. I'm missing the Quadrant and some gears. If it comes down to it I could cut out some gears if anyone has any drawings. I tried to post some pics I'm not doing something right. I'll post some pics and teh SN when I get by the lathe later this afternoon. Thanks Kevin
Sir. The company you will need to contact would be DC Morrison Co. They own the Sebastian lathe company. Ask for Chuck. Tell him David sent you. They have (some) new gears from original production. They are not cheap ether. The can have them made . and those are not cheap as well. But Chuck is a good man and if you work with him they have the spec's for a lot of Sebastian lathes. Try Chuck at 859-581-7511 good luck sir.

I got in touch with them, and they're sending me a parts list. I just hope it has a drawing of the breakdown, because at the moment there could be parts missing and I wouldn't even know it.

Bot to worry. It is the original parts list and breakdown of the Sebastian lathe. It might differ slightly but not by much. Please feel free to get ahold of me for any questions you may have. Dunsmuir Red.

Back