What's new
What's new

Wtb only the "BROTHER HS70A-M" wire edm machines

HS70A Brother

Aluminum
Hello everyone. As you may or may not know GF will no longer support the Brother line of wire EDM machines after this year 2018. I have been a loyal Brother wire EDM user for 30 years. Machines I have had include HS300(6),HS3100(1),HS5100(8),HS50(2) and HS70A-M(11). The HS70A-M are by far the best Brother made. All of my HS70As are still running, but one. It's sorry but GF is now charging 10x what the cost were 5-10 years ago for the most basic consumables and way more for anything else with 6 month lead times. I want to keep my HS70As running. IF anyone has or knows of a BROTHER HS70A-M wire EDM machine running or not that's "FOR SALE" cheap, e'mail me at [email protected]

Regards,
John

John,
I bought my HS70-A new from Charmilles in 2005.
The service guys never were properly trained on the machines and I had some horrible service calls.
I need a tensioner (powder brake) and am having no luck at all.

Charmilles in IL gave me a part # but says they don't buy them anymore. Ogura, the maker of the brake says they still make them, but only sell to brother.

I have a Brother HS-70A wire EDM that needs repair. I know these machines are not supported anymore. The machine shut down and the "PWR Alarm" light is blinking and a blank screen. I am new to this forum and want to begin my search for someone who has repaired these before and to get my hands on a schematic for the machine. I know several people who can do the repair as long as they have a schematic.

ncullinan,

I would be interested how that turned out for you.

Thanks, Steve (561) 248-2396

Back