Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Wtb only the "BROTHER HS70A-M" wire edm machines

Hello everyone. As you may or may not know GF will no longer support the Brother line of wire EDM machines after this year 2018. I have been a loyal Brother wire EDM user for 30 years. Machines I have had include HS300(6),HS3100(1),HS5100(8),HS50(2) and HS70A-M(11). The HS70A-M are by far the best Brother made. All of my HS70As are still running, but one. It's sorry but GF is now charging 10x what the cost were 5-10 years ago for the most basic consumables and way more for anything else with 6 month lead times. I want to keep my HS70As running. IF anyone has or knows of a BROTHER HS70A-M wire EDM machine running or not that's "FOR SALE" cheap, e'mail me at [email protected]

Regards,
    John

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

John,
    I bought my HS70-A new from Charmilles in 2005.
    The service guys never were properly trained on the machines and I had some horrible service calls.
    I need a tensioner (powder brake) and am having no luck at all.

Charmilles in IL gave me a part # but says they don't buy them anymore. Ogura, the maker of the brake says they still make them, but only sell to brother.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a Brother HS-70A wire EDM that needs repair. I know these machines are not supported anymore. The machine shut down and the "PWR Alarm" light is blinking and a blank screen. I am new to this forum and want to begin my search for someone who has repaired these before and to get my hands on a schematic for the machine. I know several people who can do the repair as long as they have a schematic.

4. Likes majohnson liked this post