What's new
What's new

WTB Over Cutter for LHT-25B Turret Lathe

ClimbCut

Plastic
Hello all, I recently bought a small secondary turret lathe at a local auction. I needed this for one specific operation. When I returned with a trailer and lift, the over cutter attachment was gone, as were the 5C collets. Everything else was still there. Frustrating at best. I realize this isn’t much of a lathe for serious production, but will suffice until I find something better. Any way, if someone can help me out, it would be highly appreciated. Don 366F54F8-4F73-43E6-894B-ED3191152A43.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by "over cutter attachment". Is this a vertical cutoff? A front-mounted tangential form tool?
Yup, what they said ^^^

I have a couple of those little 5-c collet turret lathes.

Both came with some tooling.

Peruse the Hardinge catalog and use that to reference what you are looking for.

One other idea, is the tooling you need a "knee turner" ?

BTW the turret lathe you posted is pretty rare, please indicate
what size the end turret bore holes are.

Actually these tiny turret lathes are money makers. The first job I did with mine more than paid for it. It has been all profit ever since. At an auction, you should secure all of the little items before leaving the site - for any reason. I will assume that his is the part that you let get away.

CutOffSlide3333.jpg

Here it is mounted and showing mounting When in use the zerk is not available.

DSC04931.jpg

Since you do not have it, a good substitution is a rear cut off setup.

DSC00700sm.jpg

I found a couple more pics.

DSC05187.jpg

DSC05190.jpg

Yep! That’s the piece I was talking about. I called it an overcutter because that’s what they called it in the “Engrish” manual. D4934601-49D5-41B7-9072-5C6C582E2E20.jpg

Yep! That’s the piece I was talking about. I called it an overcutter because that’s what they called it in the “Engrish” manual. View attachment 221776

These lathes were sold by Enco and MSC plus a couple other dealers. Contact them to see if parts are still available.

Also, I would check Ebay and Craigslist for your missing parts. Someone might try to sell them.

I have the bar feeder, its so simple, it’s pretty clever. I had collected everything related to the lathe up on the drip pan before I left to get the trailer. It uses cute little 3/4” shanked turret tools. I bought this and a little round top Bridgeport that had been converted into a horizontal at the same auction. I cut my machining teeth on great big old USN owned machines that are now in a salt mine somewhere. Compared to those machines, these are dinky. This lathe isn’t a Hardinge DV-59, but it will do.

Back