What's new
What's new

WTB Part off inserts, Kennametal/Manchester Separator .094W

• Thread starter guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1,935
G

It's getting harder to find these, and I am trying to delay changing everything out.

So, what I am looking for are Kennametal GS094R (AKA GS24R) inserts. I have been using KC722 grade, but I am not fussy on that count.

The GS094R is (IIRC) a 4 degree, right hand bias. That is my preferred geometry, but I will consider neutrals as well.

Anyone have some of these buried in your tool cabinets, let me know.

A picture would help, is it a double ended insert? I have a lot of parting inserts and also a lot parting toolholders, sometimes on a Saturday I fiddle around and try to find an insert that actually fits a toolholder and every now and then I find one that might be the actual right one. There doesn't seem to be a real standard for them.

Did you try E-bay? Obsolete inserts and holders show up there pretty often.

I find them on ebay now and then, but they are getting really hard to come by.

There exists a Hertel alternate, but I have never been blown away by Hertel.

Prolly time to go to a new dogbone from Iscar or Mitsubishi. It's not changing out the tool that is a PITA, it's reprogramming all my partoff operations for a wider insert...

I think I might actually have some of these in my tooling cabinet. I will check when I get to my shop.

I find them on ebay now and then, but they are getting really hard to come by.

I did an ebay search for Manchester 507 and cross referenced the results with an old Manchester catalog. I did a search in my browser in the pdf catalog for 507-228 after finding the ebay listing that looked promising.

These inserts look like what you need on ebay:

10 PIECES, MANCHESTER, 507-228-33 M45 CARBIDE INSERTS, H551 | eBay

http://euromaxonline.it/docs/manchester/manchester-2009.pdf

That's the one I want. When I try to purchase them on MSC it bombs on checkout. It says you can only order 1 insert.

I have one box from Manchester, I will check that part number.

Thanks.
"When I try to purchase them on MSC it bombs on checkout" Good lord be thankful! $26.53 for one stinking little parting insert? This must be a record even for MSC. When they said you could only order one insert (for $26.53!!) they probably figured no one could afford two of them.

The ones that I have are .185" wide
Thanks for checking. Appreciate it.

I think Philabuster found what I need, I have 20 inserts ordered, and if they are correct I will snag some more from that seller.

oh good.
I am glad to finally be a part of this community that I have been watching and learning from for years.

...I think Philabuster found what I need, I have 20 inserts ordered, and if they are correct I will snag some more from that seller.
Phil, you nailed it.

I received the 2 packs, they are exactly what I was looking for.

Not gonna let'em get away from me now- I went back and bought 4 more packs. :cheers:

Back