What's new
What's new

Wtb R-8 shank for Tree taper & Facing Head

Best you change the name of this thread to something meaningful, like "wtb, r8 shank for tree taper boring and facing head". Just the term "wtb" is meaningless and will get this thread locked.

Tom

I'm not a big fan of R8 but I made an arbor for our mill here at work to fit my Tree head. Easy lathe job if you don't need or want to harden and grind it. It has a threaded end with a straight shank and flange above. I did that first on some stock. Then I made a female end to duplicate the head. left that in the lathe and screwed the "blank" arbor into it. The R8 part could then be machined all in one shot.
Ray's idea is easier and more versatile.
Tree is gone but I think the company that took the boring head over is still making them. I'm not sure of the name but the head is a TB-4 and the company is/was in Spring hill Florida 414-542-8921. If they are still around they should have arbors. Please report back if they are still around with the rest of the info.

Andy

The TB4 head I have says Specialty Cutting Tools Incorporated Waukesha, Wisconsin.

Back