What's new
What's new

WTB: Rockwell milling machine parts

wolfsburged

Plastic
Looking for the following parts from a Rockwell 21-100/21-120/etc milling machine. Either horizontal or vertical should be same for these.

X-axis lead screw
X-axis, right hand crank and bearing housing, dial assembly
Z-axis hand crank

My machine is missing all of the parts off the right hand side of the table and lead screw is bent.

KIMG1001%20(Small).JPG

KIMG1004%20(Small).JPG

If you have a lathe you can make the leadscrew from threaded stock. Assuming the opposite housing is the same you could make a print and have one made. I could even work it into the schedule if you cant find someone closer.

I found a lead screw.

I am still looking for the right hand side bearing housing/casting, handwheel, and graduated dial. Also knee handle and possibly overarm support.

I agree with Larry, and my Index 40 is the same way. Handle on the left and power feed on the right. Never had an issue with operation or ergonomics. If you aren't going to mount a new power feed, a simple plate bolted on the end with a bearing mounted on it should be sufficient. You could probably even get away with using a pillow block bearing which would require less precision in creating the plate.

If I have to make a part that's not a huge deal, however it would be nice to have the handles and original parts. Here is a photo of the items I'd need (referenced left side parts):
KIMG1035-800x600.JPG

Slightly off-topic, is yours a 21-120 (horizontal & vertical)?

Mine is just a horizontal, however I am working on fitting a Bridgeport head with a round column adapter on it so that I have vertical capability.

Here is a photo of the mill now, after cleaning, stripping, and painting:
KIMG1074-800x600.JPG

I see Im late to this party....

A couple years back I made a pattern for a Rockwell 21-100 from the hand crank drawing I found somewhere on the net...
I just saw a couple of them in a box... so If there is a need for an unfinished aluminum casting. I want $30 shipped anywhere A USPS flat rate box goes.

DSCN5272.jpg

I think I might also have some hand wheels too.

I see Im late to this party....

A couple years back I made a pattern for a Rockwell 21-100 from the hand crank drawing I found somewhere on the net...
I just saw a couple of them in a box... so If there is a need for an unfinished aluminum casting. I want $30 shipped anywhere A USPS flat rate box goes.

View attachment 265334

I think I might also have some hand wheels too.

Do you have a handwheel I need one

I know it's been a long time, but I just saw your post for your Rockwell Mill...
I have the Dial Collar #450-01-337-0001, and the Bearing holder W/ brg #450-01-379-5001
gimmie an eMail, or Text number and I'll shoot ya some pix.
I'm in Lansing, Mi. You in the area? Come have a cup of coffee and I'll fit ya up.
Dave TEXT ONLY: 517 285 9220

Back