What's new
What's new

WTB - Rosetta Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
A generalized translator for a number of different contributors would be even more useful. I'm pessimistic about the prospects, however. Artificial Intelligence (AI) has promise because actual logic should be a tractable problem. Stupidity however presents an almost insurmountable hurdle since it's practically impermeable to logic. I defer to experts on whether an Artificial Stupidity program is theoretically possible.

Thermite often takes the long way around the barn when he starts talking about something, and if you are not in too big of a rush, there is useful information and or a clue that may help you find the answers you are looking for. I recon most folks are in a bit of a hurry to have the solution plopped out in front of them and others of us don't mind an odd perspective tossed in with the mix, however I often think I explain a thing pertty plain, come to find out half the folks reading it see "roosters and fish".
donie on the other hand, has he ever posted anything helpful? Mind you I haven't read much of his work as the context is not normally of interest to me, though I do remember something about monkeys and banannas a while back, it wasn't helpful but did have some humor if you'd had enough to drink first.

I'm as much for digging out useful nuggets of information as the next guy, but it's much like gold prospecting - I'm more likely to find one in the Klondike than on a South Carolina beach. In that analogy Thermite would be the Everglades.

I'm as much for digging out useful nuggets of information as the next guy, but it's much like gold prospecting - I'm more likely to find one in the Klondike than on a South Carolina beach. In that analogy Thermite would be the Everglades.

GIGO
The output would sound like Charlie Brown's teacher at any rate.

A generalized translator for a number of different contributors would be even more useful. I'm pessimistic about the prospects, however. Artificial Intelligence (AI) has promise because actual logic should be a tractable problem. Stupidity however presents an almost insurmountable hurdle since it's practically impermeable to logic. I defer to experts on whether an Artificial Stupidity program is theoretically possible.

Where yah been?

We have had them for years in both houses of Congress, half the State Governments, and now even the White House?

I'm sure he will be along shortly to straighten everything out for you. And then donie will say something about roosters and fish. :D

"donie" seems to have been running on cut and past for over two years, already, and TEN years of recycling old fotos.

Needs fresh material.

I do check the obits for Walla Walla now and then to see if his Mum has survived him after he claimed she had died of Covid ...and it's only a computer program he left running as a joke.

:(

I wondered how long it would take for you to show up

It's like catchin' rainbow trout.

Have to have the patience to wait and see whom it is as might take the worm if you want to EAT rather than just wading around in half a wetsuit waving your arms around with keeping expensive fake bugs aloft.

And "patience" might perpetually remain a tad above your pay-grade?

Thought so.

:D

Qty (24) post's before this one, and your a "Carpentar".....troll here often ?

Doug? You should get out more.

A "carp in tar" is just one of the ways the elt Norsk preserved fish. or maybe just made it rot more slowly?

See also "lutefisk".

Neither one are edible, BTW.

No one never DID figure out WHY they preserved them. See PM profiles?

You'd have to know Norwegian graNITE! "Craniums" to some.

Flatbrod, Herring in sour cream, or smoked Salmon, OTOH... those have sustenance value..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back