What's new
What's new

WTB - SAE 660 - alloy 932 Bearing bronze round stock

Have you tried Mc Master Carr?
ab3dd4724561b222a3890bc21bd37203.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, them and online metals. They want $30+ for shipping.

Was hoping somebody had a chunk lying around collecting dust.

Yikes! I guess the stuff is kinda heavy, but still sounds like a lot to ship 6". Does it need to be solid? I know I have some 2" with a hole that would clean up @ 1". If I keep digging, I may have some solid around here.

Online metals is the cheapest/inch that I've found. They have 13" bars for $90.02 Weighs 13#. Shipping $37.62.
5/8" hole would be about the biggest I'd go with.
I'd imagine shipping to the US would be pretty expensive from where you are.
Thanks for your help

"I'd imagine shipping to the US would be pretty expensive from where you are."

I think he is in the US but didn't put in his location and it defaults to Aland Islands, which has only a population of 29K yet all of them seem to be on Practical Machinist. :)

USPS Flat rate med box,8.5x11x5.5, $15.50 up to 70lbs.

"I'd imagine shipping to the US would be pretty expensive from where you are."

I think he is in the US but didn't put in his location and it defaults to Aland Islands, which has only a population of 29K yet all of them seem to be on Practical Machinist. :)

USPS Flat rate med box,8.5x11x5.5, $15.50 up to 70lbs.

Gotcha. Yeah, I never herd of those Islands. Had to look them up. Industrious nation :)
The piece I'm looking for would easily fit in a USPS Small Flat rate box - $8.30

The piece I'm looking for would easily fit in a USPS Small Flat rate box - $8.30

I realize that as a business, they may prefer to do all their shipping with one vendor, but I wonder how much business they lose over shipping like this.

Had one ebay vendor who wanted twenty-something dollars to ship a $4 piece of 4140 that was small enough that six of them would have fit in a small flat-rate box for $7.

Steve

Had one ebay vendor who wanted twenty-something dollars to ship a $4 piece of 4140 that was small enough that six of them would have fit in a small flat-rate box for $7.

Steve

It happens all the time on ebay. It's like they've never heard of Flat Rate boxes. They are not new. I've been using Flat Rate boxes since 2005 (and Regional rate boxes when they came out).

It happens all the time on ebay. It's like they've never heard of Flat Rate boxes. They are not new. I've been using Flat Rate boxes since 2005 (and Regional rate boxes when they came out).

And how doo you pay the employee to put it in said box, make up a label, and a receipt ?

And how doo you pay the employee to put it in said box, make up a label, and a receipt ?

aaaaaaah..... with a reasonable purchase price. Instead of the purchase price being 99 cents and the shipping cost of $99.

It isn't like selling on Ebay you don't know you have to ship it.

The same way I pay the grocery store to get the groceries off the truck and onto the shelf - it's in the price.

This is not a car dealership, where the price changes based on whether you are going to finance, have a trade in or want the extended warranty.

Steve

I finally found some, and damn near a whole bar, 12". It's well seasoned, as you can tell by the year. Would be happy to chop off a piece and send it. PM if still interested.

And no, I am not in the Aland Islands. That's a weird default. I'm in Southern California
9c58ccb2734c1a24fbaf21f17104d96a.jpg

Back