What's new
What's new

WTB: South Bend 9 switch pedestal

cb1

Cast Iron
I am in need of a drum switch pedestal for my "Workshop" 9.

I don't need a switch or lathe, just he pedestal,

Thanks,

Carl

Attachments

• 20220122_175141.jpg
    20220122_175141.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 85
You would be better off making your own. The original on mine was always catching chips or stringers. I made a swiveling switch holder that I could swing out of the way.

The 10L one shown mounts to a box on the back of the cast iron pedestal housing - and the one he's seeking seems to mount to the side of the rear-mount motor setup?

Jim

Have you used the pedestal style switch? Might be personal preference but I much prefer the switch on left end of headstock on my little SB9.

L7

Have you used the pedestal style switch? Might be personal preference but I much prefer the switch on left end of headstock on my little SB9.

L7

+1 on that.
Part of me understands wanting to put the lathe back to where it was new but for convenience (and safety), you're much better off having the switch on the front (either on headstock or clamped to the bed in front of headstock) rather than reach over or above spinning work to shut it down.
CWC(4)

Ours is like this.

Handy spot except that you reach over the action.

Since we added VFD and. Converted drumb switch to 3 wire logic control we also added foot switchbar to stop.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

I can get you measurements.

Exact thing you are looking for..

And pics.

I have a 1937 9 in Workshop...

Could be made pretty easy, with help from a a good muffler shop to bend pipe.

Some flat bar, and some welding... Would look pretty close.

Not as easy as just finding correct part.

Patience needed sometimes...

Back