What's new
What's new

WTB: Threading dial and micrometer carriage stop for South Bend 16" precision lathe

dmoses

Plastic
WTB: Threading dial and micrometer carriage stop for South Bend 16" precision lathe

New member here, my name is Drew and I am looking for a threading dial and micrometer carriage stop for my newly acquired lathe. Also looking for a 12" level or if there's anybody in Michigan close to flint willing to lend or come over and level my lathe that would be awesome. I am looking forward to provide what knowledge I can to the forum also. Prefer to make trades but cash works also. Any help is greatly appreciated in advance.
Thanks, Drew

I too need a thread dial. It's on my list of fabrication projects. I recommend you consider making one as well. I see it as a no-lose project. If you already have the skills, it should be an easy and economical project. If it stretches your skill level, you'll learn a lot and develop new skills. If you know the pitch of the lead screw and the smallest fractional thread per inch your machine will cut, i and many others on the board can help you figure out how many teeth the gear will require.

Mark

wouldnt i need a indexing/dividing head for the gears? I kind of liked the idea of an original, not that i dont enjoy making my own things, just some things i like to keep original is all. are there any threads where someone has made any of their own o here? Thanks for your response, Drew

wouldnt i need a indexing/dividing head for the gears? I kind of liked the idea of an original, not that i dont enjoy making my own things, just some things i like to keep original is all. are there any threads where someone has made any of their own o here? Thanks for your response, Drew

you could just buy a gear with the right number of teeth, not too expensive.

Back