What's new
What's new

WTB: Tiny Collins Microflat surface plate (2"x3"x1")

Subw00er

Plastic
Vtg-Collins-Microflat-2�x3�-Salesman-Sample-Black-Granite.jpg

I'd love to own one of these little surface plate samples (I have a larger Collins plate). I think they were given to salesman back in the day for use as paperweights.

Rahn in Dayton, OH also made the advertising granite plates. It measures 3" x 2" x1". I have one still in the cellophane wrapper and gave another one I had to our favorite miniature maker when he visited.

Larry

Rahn plate 1.jpg Rahn plate 2.jpg Rahn plate 3.jpg

These little advertisement granite plates can be used as a dti base on mag plates. Prob other uses as well.

L7

I was thinking about making a few of these with an inserted steel plate for a mag base to attach an indicator. Would be handy for some grinding ops on a mag chuck for sure.

Standridge does have a complete price list online, which you can download without providing their sales and marketing guys any data. It's just separate from their web catalog.

Some time ago I took a scraping class from Forest Addy and Don Roberts. They gave me a tiny (3x5"?) cast iron surface plate. I scraped it in and now it's the cutest little thing. Occasionally handy too.

Back