What's new
What's new

OT: More McMaster catalogs

Rogue Willie

Aluminum
I have a #121, #122, & 2ea. #123 that need a new home. They are in new condition. All I ask for them is a shipping donation as you see fit.

Couple years ago i saw a similar thread...emailed them requesting a catalog and 2 weeks later it was on my desk.
Whats up with that?
Are they difficult to get?

( its actually now occupying the throne at a buddies hunting / fishing shack......it does put ones mind elsewhere lol)

Geez... people still want those paperweights? Why? The online catalog is so good, I never use the paper catalog. My admin assistant keeps asking them to not send us anymore but we still get 5 or 8 a year. I've got 2 new #125 editions sitting on my desk right now. Anybody want them?
Bill

Geez... people still want those paperweights? Why? The online catalog is so good, I never use the paper catalog. My admin assistant keeps asking them to not send us anymore but we still get 5 or 8 a year. I've got 2 new #125 editions sitting on my desk right now. Anybody want them?
Bill

See <YouTube> (at about 20:00) for Adam Savage's answer to this good question.

Bill

I would take one if you're serious about getting rid of them. PM and we can work out the details.

Thank you,
Mr.Smith

Bill
I would take one if you have any left.
PM me how to send shipping cost.

Thank you
Hal

Couple years ago i saw a similar thread...emailed them requesting a catalog and 2 weeks later it was on my desk.
Whats up with that?
Are they difficult to get?

( its actually now occupying the throne at a buddies hunting / fishing shack......it does put ones mind elsewhere lol)
yes they used to be very hard to get even if you had an account. we tried for years and years back in the 90's with no success. we quit asking and they started showing up about 5 years ago.

Theres a ton of stuff in the book thats not online and theres a ton of stuff thats only that you will never find even doing search's. so when I am looking for something I just call them to see if they have it sure enough they do.
Mcmaster carr has teh freindlies people I have ever dealt with in the tooling business, and if they dont have the answer they get it for you very quickly.

Theres a ton of stuff in the book thats not online and theres a ton of stuff thats only that you will never find even doing search's. so when I am looking for something I just call them to see if they have it sure enough they do.

A ton of stuff in the book that’s not on line? - Like what? Show me one item.

A ton of stuff in the book that’s not on line? - Like what? Show me one item.

some tumblers (mr deburr for one) and tumbler media. quite a bit of inspection equipment .
The lady on the phone that I talked to said it was in the book(or one of them) but not online and to also call cause things not in the book or online is avail via phone.
She gave me part numbers in the past to type in online and walla they showed. be she said you would never find them in a search online as there by part number only.
she told me they are adding stuff online all the time so if I dont see it call.

we order from them at least 3 times a week. I would much rather buy stuff local as I support local business's but it got to a point here in Phoenix. if you need something they have to order it in anyhow. no one carries shit anymore in this valley, well the do but its just that cheap Shit from china. so if they have to order it and get it shipped with out redding it in 5-7 days. I order from Mcmaster carr and its generally here the next day at 9-10 am with normal shipping charges and I dont have to drive down and get it.

On line - Upper right just below your company/account name you should have the option to view catalog page.

correct if and only if you have the mc mastercarr part number. which the online website doesnt have doing a search. she said it was in the catalog at one time.
its not in there, even looking online at the catalog page for it now. so a search for tumblers then click view catalog page dont have one listed

I have a 125 (just arrived) and a 119 if anyone wants them. I was all happy to get the 119 a few years ago, but I have never used it. Their website is great.

I have a 125 (just arrived) and a 119 if anyone wants them. I was all happy to get the 119 a few years ago, but I have never used it. Their website is great.

I will take the 125 if no one has spoken for it. PM me and let me know where to send check for shipping. Thanks

Back