What's new
What's new

wtb - used 2x72 belts for belt grinder

Marty Feldman

Titanium
Looking for a small assortment (around 5 to 10 belts) of used 2x72s, to be used for introductory training purposes. Will consider any surfaces, meaning any grits or for any deburring or buffing operations. Prefer an assortment of different surfaces. I know these things are cheap new, but am looking to save a few bucks if I can. Payment at prices scaled to your fair judgement of amount of remaining life in the belts.

-Marty-

I have some belts I will send you for the cost of a medium flat rate box. I will even throw in a new one or two.
When it comes time to buy some belts to do some real work get you some
3M cubitron 11 belts. I have heard for years that they are good. I just recently got 3 80 grit 3M’s and they are completely unbelievable good. Steel just disappears when using them work piece stays a lot cooler, they just plain cut.
They are expensive but for real work they are totally worth it. I have heard good things about Norton Blaze belts but haven’t tried them yet.

I can appreciate cheap, but you have gone too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worked at a place were 6 x 48 belts were destroyed at an alarming rate by hacks pointing bars for Swiss machines, they wouldn't even have the courtesy to replace it, they would just use the next one over. Often a new belt would not make it a day and the sanders were probably used 5-10 minutes a day at the most. I bet the owner was paying a couple hundred dollars a month for belts easy.

The 2 x 72 ceramic belts from "combat abrasives", for the price seem great, they do an assortment pack that is pretty cheap. For wood and mild steel as an introduction however you'd be better off with plain old aloxide.

Pay attention to SFM with all abrading processes.

Kent

Used to order from Combat Abrasives, but have found eBay to be cheaper and free shipping. Good quality ceramics can be had at a reasonable price on there.

+1 for Cubitron and Blaze

Back