What's new
What's new

WTB Motorized Surface Grinder Spindle Cartridge

PWP

Hot Rolled
Looking for a 1 hp 3" dia. spindle assembly to replace my old Doall that is missing parts. Any decent manufacture with good bearings should work. Better yet end bell Parker parts might be usefull. Please PM me with manufacture and price. This is from the mid 40's I would assume. Thanks, Paul

Don't know if this would work for you. It's a 3" air spindle standard taper.
Bob

Attachments

• spindle.jpg
    spindle.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 62
A little long okay as you just do not seat it in all the way, too short and .....
Bob

You buy an extension?

My Pope spindle died on my Reid grinder - well technically I killed it. I bought a rebuilt Harig from a spindle rebuild shop. The Harig was a little too short. He sent me an extension that works just fine.

Now I hate the Harig spindle and picked up a Pope for a good price from a member here. Just got it rebuilt and its going in when I move my shop later this year.

I have been messing with my parker spindle adding what I feel is the missing parts. A fan, Replaced the Bronze end bearing with a roller and a cover. My cover is slotted so I taped over the slots for now. Any idea how hot this should run with no arbor or wheel?
The roller made a significant difference. Along with the fan. I want to run for an hour then check temp on front and rear shaft, motor, and cartridge. Also, I think I will need a longer replacement than the one Stephen has to sell. I almost have to take it out and get some better measurement. Any one have any cartridge other dimensions?

I have this cartridge spindle for sale. I think it did come out of a DoAll but not really sure. It’s not motorized obviously. Diameter looks to be just over 4”, length of the cartridge is 17”. Needs total rebuild. $100 plus shipping from 91367 (LA area)
33ce5b20e0c8ff618dbc7c98b9bec732.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back