What's new
What's new

WTD: Cincinnati Spiral Milling Gearbox

Dick Streff

Aluminum
Looking for a driving mechanism gearbox for the Cincinnati Universal Dividing Heads. Would specifically like to find one to fit a Cintimill 205-12 but could adapt other versions to this machine. It looks like this:

Cintimill Spiral Gearbox 2.jpgCintimill Spiral Gearbox 1.jpg

I believe most of the outboard portion and case is the same on many similar models. But the inboard portion is sized to fit the size of head and machine model. The gearbox appears very similar over a period of many decades and models. Virtually from the time Cincinnati changed to the enclosed mechanism till the end of manual mill production the basic mechanism looks to be consistent.

I have some of the internal parts for one of these already so if it isn't 100% complete I have some resources already. I also have the majority of the change gears. I also have a couple 10" heads that would work with it.

I realize most of these are probably attached to a complete machine but in case someone has an orphan or has a machine and has no use for the drive mechanism I'd be interested.

Thanks,
Dick

Looking for a driving mechanism gearbox for the Cincinnati Universal Dividing Heads. Would specifically like to find one to fit a Cintimill 205-12 but could adapt other versions to this machine. It looks like this:

View attachment 276568View attachment 276569

I believe most of the outboard portion and case is the same on many similar models. But the inboard portion is sized to fit the size of head and machine model. The gearbox appears very similar over a period of many decades and models. Virtually from the time Cincinnati changed to the enclosed mechanism till the end of manual mill production the basic mechanism looks to be consistent.

I have some of the internal parts for one of these already so if it isn't 100% complete I have some resources already. I also have the majority of the change gears. I also have a couple 10" heads that would work with it.

I realize most of these are probably attached to a complete machine but in case someone has an orphan or has a machine and has no use for the drive mechanism I'd be interested.

Thanks,
Dick

It would not be very useful if the table doesn't swivel.

iIn the case of Cincinnati that is only partially true, as the spiral milling attachment subhead also allows the plain table machines to mill helicqlly. I was fortunate enough to pick one of those up recently also, though it is mostly superfluous for this task as the machine I own is a universal model. It does allow the universal table machines to attack helical angles beyond the 45 degrees the table can swing.

Dick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought an entire assembly to get the change gears for my 205-12 and this is what's left. Here are pictures of both sides of the bracket that goes on the table end, the brass spline carriers and gears it would come with. What you see is what you get. Sorry, no cover. Let me know if it would help. Bob
IMG_0514.jpgIMG_0513.jpg

I bought an entire assembly to get the change gears for my 205-12 and this is what's left. Here are pictures of both sides of the bracket that goes on the table end, the brass spline carriers and gears it would come with. What you see is what you get. Sorry, no cover. Let me know if it would help. Bob
View attachment 278959View attachment 278960

That would certainly help. I'm sending you a PM regarding this.

Thanks,
Dick

BobH,

Sent you a PM a couple days ago but haven’t heard back. Let me know what you need for the gearbox with shipping to 68144.

Thanks,
Dick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spiral milling gearbox change gear set

I bought an MK 207 mill several years ago It had every option on it. But the machine was missing the gear box for the spiral drive. But it did come with the complete set of gears for it. I do not now if they will fit your machine. If you can give sizes for the gears I can check them.
Brian
phone 618 946 0793
BobH,

Sent you a PM a couple days ago but haven’t heard back. Let me know what you need for the gearbox with shipping to 68144.

Thanks,
Dick

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back