What's new
What's new

WTD Logansport air cyl w/reg & chuck for #3 W/S

I’ll go take a look
I was in that area last week and moved a couple to get to a spindle I was after
It seems as though I had all of it, Chuck, tube, valves from one end to the other

I will ship, if I can come up with something that will work for you
The cylinder is maybe 6” or so in diameter with 4 threaded holes in the face
I have the air unit that fits onto the shaft behind the cylinder
The tube is 1” and 24” long to where it threads onto the chuck
Pictures coming, most of these parts are buried and I couldn’t reach all of them
I found the Logan and three more, all were either 6 or 8” three jaw chucks
Also grabbed a Chuck for internal grip,but only one collet so far
There could be other chucks in the lower rack shelves
This rack is at least 10’ long and 4 rows high, chucks from 4 - 20” in diameter I’d guess maybe 40 or so
I’ll do some more digging tomorrow and see what else I can find
I am sure I had several of these
There is a 145’ commercial 8 lane slot car track in 18 sections sitting up against the rack and two 24 scale drag strips stacked 8’ high beyond these
Buried alive is an understatement

If you have more than 1 complete setup I am interested also for my small cnc lathe . It takes a maximum chuck of 6" with a thru hole of 1.5" . If I may ask where in Iowa you are, I am in Illinois, maybe I could run over and help you dig. Thanks Mike

i had to do some climbing and digging
It’s pretty deep in the chuck storage area as you can see
I have the auto chucks sitting close now where I can reach them from the floor
The brand of the cylinder is wellman
The tube is 24” long from the face of the air cylinder
I’ll stay at it until it’s done
I have one question
Will an air cylinder like this work on any size chuck?

Attachments

• F4DB6140-F002-4455-9D8A-22FEEA19E9DD.jpg
    F4DB6140-F002-4455-9D8A-22FEEA19E9DD.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 9442BECD-EB40-4B44-9B59-43C674D1743B.jpg
    9442BECD-EB40-4B44-9B59-43C674D1743B.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 16
Hello Mike
I am in Cedar Rapids
I’m thinking that is what these are, 6” at least, how would there be a through hole with the pull tube?
I have larger chucks that are power with the serrated master jaws
There are chucks in that rack up to a 20” bison with a 12” through hole
This chuck has what looks to be some high dollar jaws that are dove tailed that slide and lock into the custom master jaws and they are hardened and ground made for tubing
I can’t remember the name of the company that made them but I looked them up years ago and they were the bling
It seems like they were located in Missouri but I’m not positive

No problem
So how do these actually work?
If you have a certain bore, do you need a bigger cylinder and pull tube so that you can have a through hole?
Would this be like say a 2” bore in the spindle, have a collet tube that would handle a 2j collet, but the tube would actually attach to the chuck?
I hadn’t really thought about the concept, I’ve never been around something like this before
Off hand, I don’t think I have anything that large, but I’m always unearthing stuff that I can’t even r3call where it came from
I know I have several powered chucks in the rack shelves, so I could possibly still find something for you Ray
There is a lot of tooling and machinery that needs to be sold out of my shop
I’ve basically buried myself alive over here and am renting a building so that I can get the majority of the toys moved so that I can get to the machines and tooling sold that is buried
Cars and trucks take up a lot of room
If anyone in the group knows of a vacant building available, I would be willing to set up the commercial slot car tracks i have here
One is a 24 scale computerized NHRA drag strip with a programmable tree and all the sensors that replicates a real drag strip
It is about 70’ long with the runoff area
Several places across the country run several nights a weeks with cash payback from entries that average 100 cars an event
The second track is called a grandstand
It has 8 lanes inside a 4’ wide track surface that is 145’ long and double decked on the two straights that run above each other and lap times can run under 2-1/2 seconds
The track has a foot print of about 16 x 45 feet to set it up
Some classes are brass tubular framed chassis with regular hard plastic model car bodies
One of my favorites is hand built tubular sprint cars
The dragsters are another game of its own, mostly all hand built, with and without wheelie bars, some are built with 3D printers, the rail dragsters are bad to the bone to watch
These things can go through the traps at 130 miles per hour, actual speed

It looks like you are about a 3 hour drive or so, at least I think snow may be done for a while , hows about maybe a week or so I can run over there if that works for you and see if I make something work . I also wish I had a vacant building here. Thanks Mike

Back