WTD: oxy/fuel machine torch 3 hose 1-3/8" barrel with rack ideally Airco
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default WTD: oxy/fuel machine torch 3 hose 1-3/8" barrel with rack ideally Airco

I have a Victor motorized track burner. It has a torch with 2 gas connections and a lever flip valve for the cutting oxygen. I am planning to build a new gas block with solenoids and I need a 3 hose machine torch that fits the machine. I can put my rack on it if it doesn't have one, but it has to have a 1-3/8" diameter barrel. I have lots of Airco tips and very few Victor tips so I'd ideally like to find an Airco torch, but tell me what you have.

Thanks, metalmagpie

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

I got just what you need off e-bay, however I can't find it anymore.

It's a tiny torch, copy of a Koike, uses airco tips, has 3 hoses,
    and a separate valve block (to which I added a solenoid)

It came with it's own rack & pinion mounting sleeve (with knob) and 3 tips for $50.

You can see it in this corner of the picture, I would e-mail
    the seller:11V Torch Track Burner CG1 Gas Cutting machine Cutter Propane Nozzle 1.8m Rail | eBay

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    I got just what you need off e-bay, however I can't find it anymore.

It's a tiny torch, copy of a Koike, uses airco tips, has 3 hoses,
    and a separate valve block (to which I added a solenoid)

It came with it's own rack & pinion mounting sleeve (with knob) and 3 tips for $50.

You can see it in this corner of the picture, I would e-mail
    the seller:11V Torch Track Burner CG1 Gas Cutting machine Cutter Propane Nozzle 1.8m Rail | eBay
    Well that thing *is* cute! Sadly, I need a machine torch of some length, like about 15" or so. I probably won't ever use all that length, but that's what the Victor torch is.

metalmagpie

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metalmagpie View Post
    Well that thing *is* cute! Sadly, I need a machine torch of some length, like about 15" or so. I probably won't ever use all that length, but that's what the Victor torch is.

metalmagpie
    I could never understand why people need those long length torches. I cut an old one down once and re-silversoldered it.

Can't you just make some bracket to get the tip of the torch
    down where you need it ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've got a couple of them, I think they are Harris. I'll drag them out today. I don't have a manifold handy to be able to test them, so they'll be as is...but the price will be right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    I could never understand why people need those long length torches. I cut an old one down once and re-silversoldered it.

Can't you just make some bracket to get the tip of the torch
    down where you need it ?
    Sometimes there isn't room to run the track burner on the same level as the material to be cut. In those cases you may have to drop the torch way down. Also, often you have to cut a bevel on the edge of some sheet. As you swing the torch out to the desired angle, the tip swings up away from the work. Again, you have to lower the torch. Sometimes you have to use a specialty cutting tip which may be shorter or longer than normal. In these cases you may have to adjust the torch up or down.

metalmagpie

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a Victor motorized track burner. It has a torch with 2 gas connections and a lever flip valve for the cutting oxygen. I am planning to build a new gas block with solenoids and I need a 3 hose machine torch that fits the machine. I can put my rack on it if it doesn't have one, but it has to have a 1-3/8" diameter barrel. I have lots of Airco tips and very few Victor tips so I'd ideally like to find an Airco torch, but tell me what you have.

Thanks, metalmagpie
    Ok, I've got this (actually two of them).

If you want them, they are yours. Valves feel ok...if you are really picky, I guess I can dig out my manifold and make sure it fires clean...but that takes time and I'll have to charge for it.

Price untested, you pay shipping cost at UPS store and whatever scrap brass sells for...I'll let you weigh it after you get it. You can have the whole damn assembly, or just the torch tube.

Price tested is $100 for both of them, plus shipping, and if it's not the godawful assembly, I'll do that.

Neither has the rack.

And I'm going off assumption that it's a 1 3/8" barrel.

They are harris.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

snowman, I apologize but somehow I didn't see this until just now. Do you say you have 2 of those entire assemblies? Are the torches identical?

I can't tell what the rest of that assembly is. Do you know? Is that an electrical box on the left? And what is that thing teed into the preheat oxygen? Is anything besides the torch bronze or copper?

I will most certainly pay to ship it. Right now I'm trying to decide how much of that to ask you to ship.

metalmagpie

PS I don't seem to be able to PM you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This is what I have. It's Airco, 1 3/8" X 24".

Stuart

dscn0615.jpgdscn0614.jpgdscn0617.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

snowman, I apologize but somehow I didn't see this until just now. Do you say you have 2 of those entire assemblies? Are the torches identical?

I can't tell what the rest of that assembly is. Do you know? Is that an electrical box on the left? And what is that thing teed into the preheat oxygen? Is anything besides the torch bronze or copper?

I will most certainly pay to ship it. Right now I'm trying to decide how much of that to ask you to ship.

metalmagpie

PS I don't seem to be able to PM you.
    I'll check my pm's. I think there is a motor in there somehow attached to raise lower it.

The thing attached to the center valve is just a solenoid valve. So you can start cutting electronically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow, Stuart - that is a long one! And I guess I hadn't known that 3-hose torches come with cutting oxygen valves. What do you want for it?

metalmagpie

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I'll check my pm's. I think there is a motor in there somehow attached to raise lower it.

The thing attached to the center valve is just a solenoid valve. So you can start cutting electronically.
    Snowman, I don't think I can use Harris torches. But I'd love to take both of those solenoid valves off your hands!

metalmagpie

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow, Stuart - that is a long one! And I guess I hadn't known that 3-hose torches come with cutting oxygen valves. What do you want for it?

metalmagpie
    Would $100 dollars plus shipping be OK? I'm a little closer to Seattle than other folks are so shipping should be a little better. I don't know if the torch has any problems but I think it's totally functional.

Stuart

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

metalmagpie
    PM me your email address. I have attempted to send you PM messages but I'm getting a error message that won't allow them to be sent..don't know what up with that.