What's new
What's new

WTD. spindle speeder

Ray Behner

Diamond
I'm getting a job that will require a bazillion .043" holes in aluminum. A 3:1 ratio will do. 40 NMTB or whatever. Air motor? Shoot, I don't know a damn thing about them. Got one for sale? I'm thinking something that would take a drill chuck.

If 50.000 rpm or thereabouts is OK, I can suggest an NSK Planet 500 air spindle. Mine are real workhorses for engraving and you don't have to run your spindle at max for hours. There are 2 on that auction site right now.

If 50.000 rpm or thereabouts is OK, I can suggest an NSK Planet 500 air spindle. Mine are real workhorses for engraving and you don't have to run your spindle at max for hours. There are 2 on that auction site right now.
Thanks Mud, but I'm thinking more like 10/15,000. Maybe an air spindle is too much. Never been down this road before.

Ray, I've got an ARO air motor, It was brand new, until I stuck it out in the unheated garage, and started abusing it.
As you can see, It has some rust on it, But I don't think it's hurt, It has a 1/4" npt female intake, 18000 rpm. an air muffler, and a 200 series Kennametal double angle 3/8" collet in it. You won't like the price, As in free if you want to play with it. http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp268/ACMETHREAD/DSC00642_zpse20e5gqm.jpg
\ Dave [acme thread]

Back