What's new
What's new

WTS - Granite Surface Plates

mikeyjones

Aluminum
With the bigger one being sold, pending funds and pick up, I'm listing the other 3 I don't need.

Unsure of calibration, but all are in decent condition.

All come with a stand - 1 is on wheels.

1) 24x30" on steel base

2) 36"x36" on steel base

3) 24 x 36" on wheeled base

Your choice for $250 each.

Pics here:

Surface Plates — ImgBB

Attachments

• 21-06-02 16-02-28 1958.jpg
    21-06-02 16-02-28 1958.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 298
Price drop again to $200 each, I'm sure there is someone out there that needs a nice surface plate w/ stand.

I could use one, but they are too far away. I have 3 sitting in tx, trailer has always been too full to add one to the load. There is always the last resort, told a friend to use one for my headstone if they are still there when the time comes:ack2:

Hope you have better luck than I did.

There's definitely a way, it just comes down to cost. I'd be happy to price out freight if you have a buyer.

I need more info. Are these Chinese grade B? How thick? Any cert stamps? Any visible damage? Ledges?

like that.

For starters let's think about shipping the 24x36 and its stand. I believe the plate is normally set on a pallet then covered with a protective sheet of plywood or cardboard. The cart is set on top of the plate and then strapped down. Make sense?

Nice to have meet you yesterday Mike! Wish I could have stayed and chatted longer, But the holiday traffic was crazy, and ended up late to my following stop. Good luck moving the other two.

Brian

I need more info. Are these Chinese grade B? How thick? Any cert stamps? Any visible damage? Ledges?

like that.

For starters let's think about shipping the 24x36 and its stand. I believe the plate is normally set on a pallet then covered with a protective sheet of plywood or cardboard. The cart is set on top of the plate and then strapped down. Make sense?

It's all in the photos. One of the ones that's left is a Do-All. So no Chinese junk, these are US granite.

I tried best to document the visible damage in the photos. One of them has some chips on the edge, but the top of it is good.

No certs, otherwise they would be priced much higher.

As far as shipping, again I'm happy to pack it up and get it sent on your dime. I can get the pallet and plywood, package it well.

Unfortunately it’s not just the shipping, it’s also the re-lapping and cert-ing to needed grade. If local, I might take a flyer at one, but given how cheap they are used locally as well, it just doesn’t work. Sorry to the OP, just what I see.

L7

mikeyjones,

Just wanted to let you know that the link in your first post is not working for me. I get "that page doesn't exist" on the imgbb site.

lucky7,
(Or anyone else) Out of curiosity about how much does it cost to re-lap and re-certify?

Around me re lapping and certification is around $400. That's for my 30x60. That was the price 3-4 years ago... Probably $3600 today.

Back