What's new
What's new

WTS/WTT Narex brand R8 to SPI #3 quick change adapter w/holder

Freedommachine

Stainless
I bought this on eBay and the seller didn't know what it was. Based on his pictures I assumed it was an R8 to NMTB30 style quick change adapter similar to the Erickson QC. Well, I lost that gamble.

This adapter is designed to use the SPI 30 taper quick change tooling of which I have none. The holder shown in the pics is a 3/4" end mill holder and is included with the sale. The spanner wrench and Allen wrench to adjust the run-out set screws is also included but not pictured.

There is a slight bit of damage to the adapter where the holder drive dogs engage but it does not seem to effect function (see pics)

I paid $215 shipped for it so that's what I'd like to get out of it.

As for trades, I could really use a 3J manual collet chuck. It doesn't have to be nice,I'm going to use it as a fixture on my mill table. As long as it functions properly, I'm happy. I have a few CXA tool holders or cash I could throw in if necessary.

I could also use a good 4 jaw chuck for my 9" South Bend. Thanks for looking.

Edit: The forum won't allow me to post pics from a phone I will have to find another way to attach them.

What size 4 jaw are you looking for? What is the spindle nose? I probably have a couple options kicking around.

What size 4 jaw are you looking for? What is the spindle nose? I probably have a couple options kicking around.

Sorry for the late reply. I would be looking for a 6" chuck, I believe the spindle nose is 1-1/2" 8tpi.

I have an old skinner 4 jaw on it now that is pretty beat (wouldn't be surprised if it was original from 1938)

I also desperately need an R8 to Erickson QC30 adapter. If anybody has one they would like to trade or sell please let me know, Thank you

Back