What's new
What's new

WTT: Hendey 2H for 3H collets (or WTB/WTS)

M.B. Naegle

Diamond
I've been piecing together the missing collet set for my 1909 Hendey. So far I have everything BUT the 3H collets themselves. I mistakenly purchased a few 2H collets and was wondering if anyone had any extra 3H collets that they would like to trade?

I've got one each of 1/8, 3/16, 5/16, 7/16, 9/16, and 33/64, all original 2H Hardinge with sharp edges and no visible wear (I don't have an application that I can test them for run-out with).

In lew of a trade, I'd also be game to just sell the 2H collets and buy any 3H collets I can get.

I also have an extra wood Hendey collet box too. It's just the wood chest though with none of the metal parts to mount it on the machine's bed. I purchased two like this though and plan to fabricate the missing pieces for the one I'll keep, so if you wait long enough I'll make extra parts for the second box and list the complete box for sale.

IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0761.jpg
Here are the 2H collets that I have available to sell or trade.
IMG_0762.jpg
In my purchasing, I also ended up with a 3H collet stubby drawbar. Not sure what it goes to, perhaps a milling head or grinder work head, but it's available if anyone recognizes it, otherwise I may end up re-purposing it. It measures aprox. 4 3/8" from the nose to the shoulder, and is about 1 3/16" on the OD.

Ok, all of the 2H collets are spoken for.

I still have a few holes in my 3H set, so if anyone has some they want to sell, just shoot me a message.

Thanks!

Back