What's new
What's new

WTT Jacobs Chuck Key (I need a #0)

snowman

Diamond
I've got multiples of every stinkin size except a #0...the hardware store doesn't carry it.

Actually, I'm not even sure I need a #0...it's for my foredom flex shaft chuck. Everything states #0 though.

Anybody need a different size and have duplicates??

The Foredom 30 handpiece is made with a Jacobs 0 chuck, so you do want a 0 key. Foredom sells a stock 0 key with a clever plastic handle which I like much better than the stock key by itself. I probably have an extra stock key, but you really would be better off getting the Foredom key with the handle.

The key I have came from Foredom around 25 years ago and has an aluminum end that fits over the key and a phenolic handle. I think the key can be replaced on mine, but I have not needed to try. I see that the current Foredom key has a thermoplastic handle molded over the stock key, but it should be OK. As we know, Jacobs is no longer a trusted source of chucks and keys. I see Chinese copies of Foredom stuff that even says "Foredom" on the product. I see 0 size chucks that are probably made in China, but are probably as good as the Chinese Jacobs product.

Amazon.com: FOREDOM CHUCK KEY for #3 HANDPIECE FLEXSHAFT ROTARY KEY w-PLASTIC HANDLE HPCK- (E3) Amazon says this is "by Foredom" and ships from California, so it is probably OK at $8.45 with free shipping.

For reference, here is a Chinese copy of the Foredom 30 handpiece with a plastic handle key for $23.99 and free shipping from China. Handpiece 3 Chuck Up to 1 8" Fit Grobet Foredom Flex Shaft Free Shipping | eBay

And here is an Amazon listing for the same Chinese copy for more money, but with pictures showing the Foredom name on the product and package and claiming it is a Foredom product. Foredom 3 Handpiece & Chuck Key Flex Shaft Machine Tools - - Amazon.com

Larry

It's ok...I gave up and turned a #1 down and made a #0. The gear is the same size, so it's just a matter of turning the nub down to 1/8".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back