What's new
What's new

WTT or WTS: Criterion Boring Head DBL-204

aribert

Cast Iron
Picked up at an estate sale - Criterion DBL-205 boring head. Head takes a 1.000 dia boring bar. Larger capacity than what I need. Willing to trade for similar quality boring head that takes a 0.750 boring bar or to sell outright. Head currently has an R8 arbor. Head body has 1.5-18 thread for arbor attachment. Head moves freely but needs to be relubed - the grease is dry in places. Includes 3 mismatched allen wrenches.

If sold outright, $175 + shipping (USPS medium flat rate box) or ship via your FedEx account. $10 discount if I keep the R8 arbor. Payment via PayPal or USPS money order. If my price is out of line, please feel free to comment.

Attachments

• SAM_4162.jpg
    SAM_4162.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 111
  • SAM_4169.jpg
    SAM_4169.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 106
  • SAM_4165.jpg
    SAM_4165.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 105
  • SAM_4217.jpg
    SAM_4217.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
I have a Bridgeport Boring Head with an R-8 shank that
takes 5/8" bar. Looks to be about the same shape as yours.
I'll go even up if you want to trade. I don't have any pics but will get some if you are interested.
spaeth

Aribert,
Here are a few pics of the Bridgeport Boring Head. No.2 Head with R8 Shank. Threads in shank are good, Overall condition of the head is good. A little backlash in the dial, the movement is firm but smooth throughout the travel. Takes 5/8" bar with two short carbide tipped ones included. Shank has some scars. Trade On?
spaeth
DSCN2761.jpgDSCN2764.jpgDSCN2765.jpgDSCN2763.jpg

Aribert,
Here are a few pics of the Bridgeport Boring Head. No.2 Head with R8 Shank. Threads in shank are good, Overall condition of the head is good. A little backlash in the dial, the movement is firm but smooth throughout the travel. Takes 5/8" bar with two short carbide tipped ones included. Shank has some scars. Trade On?
spaeth
View attachment 276377View attachment 276378View attachment 276379View attachment 276382

spaeth:

Thanks for the images - unfortunately, I'd rather hold out to trade for a 3/4 shank boring head.

Not positive but I think the R8 shank is removable just like the one on your criterion. I've seen them for sale without a shank is what makes me think that.
spaeth

Back