WTT or WTS: Criterion Boring Head DBL-204
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default WTT or WTS: Criterion Boring Head DBL-204

Picked up at an estate sale - Criterion DBL-205 boring head. Head takes a 1.000 dia boring bar. Larger capacity than what I need. Willing to trade for similar quality boring head that takes a 0.750 boring bar or to sell outright. Head currently has an R8 arbor. Head body has 1.5-18 thread for arbor attachment. Head moves freely but needs to be relubed - the grease is dry in places. Includes 3 mismatched allen wrenches.

If sold outright, $175 + shipping (USPS medium flat rate box) or ship via your FedEx account. $10 discount if I keep the R8 arbor. Payment via PayPal or USPS money order. If my price is out of line, please feel free to comment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sam_4162.jpg   sam_4169.jpg   sam_4165.jpg   sam_4217.jpg  
    Last edited by aribert; 01-24-2020 at 08:26 PM. Reason: added payment

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a Bridgeport Boring Head with an R-8 shank that
    takes 5/8" bar. Looks to be about the same shape as yours.
    I'll go even up if you want to trade. I don't have any pics but will get some if you are interested.
    spaeth

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Aribert,
    Here are a few pics of the Bridgeport Boring Head. No.2 Head with R8 Shank. Threads in shank are good, Overall condition of the head is good. A little backlash in the dial, the movement is firm but smooth throughout the travel. Takes 5/8" bar with two short carbide tipped ones included. Shank has some scars. Trade On?
    spaeth
    dscn2761.jpgdscn2764.jpgdscn2765.jpgdscn2763.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by spaeth View Post
    Aribert,
    Here are a few pics of the Bridgeport Boring Head. No.2 Head with R8 Shank. Threads in shank are good, Overall condition of the head is good. A little backlash in the dial, the movement is firm but smooth throughout the travel. Takes 5/8" bar with two short carbide tipped ones included. Shank has some scars. Trade On?
    spaeth
    dscn2761.jpgdscn2764.jpgdscn2765.jpgdscn2763.jpg
    spaeth:

Thanks for the images - unfortunately, I'd rather hold out to trade for a 3/4 shank boring head.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not positive but I think the R8 shank is removable just like the one on your criterion. I've seen them for sale without a shank is what makes me think that.
    spaeth

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

spaeth - poor wording on my part in prior message. I want to trade for an R8 boring head that takes 3/4 inch boring bars.