What's new
What's new

ZORO promos...........anyone still else gittn' em?

david n

Diamond
I don't order from ZORO a lot, but I usually get their 10% or 15% etc promos every few months.................those have seemed to dried up. Or is it just me because of my infrequent orders? Anyone else still getting their promo/discount offers?

I got a bunch of offers after a recent small order. The pisser is, one item from the order (small hunk of bearing bronze plate) has been "pending fulfillment" for weeks. They've got my money but I've got no goods. This is not the first time I've had to kick them to get off the dime and either find the product or give me my money back. Maybe the plate is stuck on a container ship someplace, but I don't care. Just acknowledge the delay one way or another instead of quietly sitting on my payment.

The price for the bronze was the cheapest I could find for the given size, so maybe that's their issue.

Speaking from a home shop perspective I purchase from them a fair amount and frequently get promos for 10 to 20% off. Sometimes I look at an item and put it in my cart and a day or two later I get a promo code:)

Zoro sales and coupons dried up for me about two years ago, and their prices have been steadily increasing ever since. Now it's sometimes even cheaper to order from Grainger directly.

I used to shop there a lot, got a nice Vidmar cabinet with a 25% off coupon, best price anywhere. But those days are long gone.

Zoro sales and coupons dried up for me about two years ago, and their prices have been steadily increasing ever since. Now it's sometimes even cheaper to order from Grainger directly.

I used to shop there a lot, got a nice Vidmar cabinet with a 25% off coupon, best price anywhere. But those days are long gone.

Same for me. Bought a very nice FLIR thermal camera for ~20% less than anywhere else I saw, but suspect that the strategy of getting customers through deep discounts has passed for the most part.

I haven't seen too many 20%'s recently. Almost no 25%'s. And I haven't seen a 30% in years.

But we do still get them on a regular basis. The way their online system is setup, it kind of encourages all the different buyers to have their own accounts. And the coupon codes aren't tied to a specific account. So my wife seldom buys and she gets more coupons encouraging her to buy.

So try setting up a bonus account (login) or two and you'll probably start getting more coupons.

Just in case anybody is not aware: Zoro = Grainger.
It is just their way of offering two different pricing tiers.
Zoro is for the guys that shop for the best deal.
Grainger is for the guys with a corporate card that don't care about price because they don't pay the bill.

Back