What's new
What's new

BM850 no counterweight?

wbstadeli

Plastic
hi guys,

we just purchased a BM850 VMC TOYODA 50 taper and when we got it to our shop we noticed it had no couterweight. it does look like there is a spot for it though. is there vmc's out there that dont require them or are we missing it?

Are you looking for a big chunk of cast iron hanging in the hole in the column? That machine would be too fast for a conventional counter weight surely. I’d take a peek in behind the big grey guard that covers the Z axis ram. Look on the side opposite the tool change arm.

I’d think that will be hydraulic. If it is it will be shown on the circuit diagram in the maintenance manual.

Regards Phil.

My old Cinci's use a hydro ram to doo this as well.

Did have the mount break once tho. We heard something make a noise, but no idea what it was. Everything seemed to werk fine. ????

About a minute later the Z axis amp/motor overheated and faulted out, but the brake didn't set. She came crashing down w/o the greatest of ease! I am just glad no-one was changing a part at that second!

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Our smaller VMCs are designed to not require a counterweight so your machine should be good to go. We do start adding counterweights when the machines get a little bigger

Back