What's new
What's new

Coolant alarms making machine feed hold

wbstadeli

Plastic
hey guys,

we have a toyoda bm1400 vmc with a fanuc 18i-b control and i was wondering if there is a parameter that i could change so that the machine wont feed hold on coolant alarms like tank level low, tank overflow, ect,.

thanks in advance!

I believe those will be keep relays, and you will prolly need to call Toyoda for that info.

At least they are on my Fanuc.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

there is a float on the pump pickup in the coolant tank that regulates the tank level. bypassing this feature opens yourself up to alot of broken tools if running at night unattended. keeping the tank full would be my work around.

WB, same machine here...the Toyoda logic on the coolant switches is kinda odd. I am presuming that you have thru coolant and the separate TSC pump and tank here...there are two switches in the main coolant tank and two in the TSC tank. The main tank will not pump over to the TSC tank until the main tank high level switch is made (coolant is pretty high in the main tank at this point) and of course the high level switch in the TSC is not made. The transfer pump will run until the high level switch in the TSC tank is made, and then shuts off until the level drops and the cycle starts over again (main tank is drained by the transfer pump, TSC runs and fills the main tank until the high level is made). The second switch in the TSC tank is the pump safety switch...the hanging on the string models and shuts the pump off if the level is too low.

I agree with your complaint/concern...it is very difficult to keep the right coolant level in a large machine like these, the coolant tank is large, but not very deep, complicating matters as the main tank float switches are only a few inches different in height. I think it's pretty easy to get 50+ gallons in the top of the machine if you are running the chip wash pump for a few minutes. I would think a taller coolant tank would make them a lot more user friendly...maybe only a minimal change to the chip conveyor would be in order to accomodate the taller coolant tank.

Steve

How about putting it in single block like every other machine tool builder. Instead of destroying the tap in can cycle or shutting the drives off before the spindle and trashing the face mill.

Back