What's new
What's new

Fh450s

param 6030 gets set to 198.
no file extension on the programs on the card.
use % at begining and end of sub prog.

i only have the code for the tool path as a sub. all positioning and tool changes are in the main. good luck

It sounds like your pulling multiple progs off the card eh?

What control?

On my 18i it says that you can only pull one off the card at a time. Like main on card could pull multiple subs off memmory, but not the other way around. Nor could you pull a main and sub both off the card.

You say CF card, so I am hoping that this is an 8-10 yr old machine? I would hope that a new model would have USB?

I have never pulled off the card, but I have overloaded the maxx file size when loading from the card and had it write to two consecutive files. That was wierd...

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I use the compact flash card for sub prog overflow storage on large progs where subs don't fit in the control, like surfacing large parts. I run a FMS system so I use the program in the cell controller to load work coord, call tools etc, just when I need a sub from the card I call M198 instead of M98.

Both my machines are 2007-08 models w/ Fanuc 31I controls. no usb.

I'm still unclear:

You CAN pull more than one file # off the card during one cycle?

-------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

the way I prog.
one tool = one work coord.= one sub prog.
same tool = next work coord. = next sub prog. and so on...

I can have unlimited # of subs on the card and use my main prog which is in the machine control to pull the sub that needs to run next.

OK - so your pulling many files - but at diff times.

The way that I read the ??? for the 18i was that you could only pull 1.

Did I mis-interpret on the 18i? Have done this on older controls? Or is this a newer feature?

---------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Ox - one at a time would make sense, and would imply that a subroutine on the card couldn't call a deeper level subroutine on the card.

But saying "no more than 1" by itself doesn't make so much sense - no more than 1 ever? for all of time? from start to end for the current main?

(Of course controller often have really odd rules...)

I know that I can run to 7 deep with the subs being in the control. (sub within a sub.) But I have not tried this scenerio with the compact flash card so I am not sure how the control will react, I'll have to try it sometime. My machines have 31I controls.

Back