What's new
What's new

Fv1365

Bioski

Plastic
Hi guys, We are looking to buy a new machine for doing our base work. The FV1365 is one of the machines on the list and I was wondering if anyone had dealings with one and could give me their opinion. The biggest downfall I come up with is in CT50 I can only get a 6000rpm spindle. The other machine I am considering is the 2010 VF5/50 with the 10k spindle. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

eeek

if i were you i'd be careful of the leadwell. not sure you can put haas/leadwell in the same category as the fv1365.

to respond to the other post, you can get around the 6k spindle if you go to 40 taper, is what ive been told. Is that an option?

i'd be interested to see what both of you do in this situation.

good luck

So who won?

or is the decision still out to lunch? I think over time you would like the Toyoda's rigidity, and I'm a Haas guy, but have many yrs working with/ on Toyoda's.

Good Luck!

We have a fv1050s 15k spindle roller guide ways, full 4th. Great quality, service, and comes with all fanuc options standard! The thing is so fast it a blurr inside.

What part of CO you from. I used to live in Steamboat 2005-2009

Good morning Bioski,

I work for Toyoda and occasionally come on these forums to address any questions people might have about our products. On our FV 1365, we offer the CT50 model with the 6,000 RPM geared spindle, as you mentioned. The CT40 version has an 8,000 RPM geared spindle and a newer 15,000 RPM direct drive spindle option as well.

I don't know what kind of work you are doing, but if you have any questions about anything else, feel free to message me and I'll be happy to provide you with more info.

Sorry Its been very busy around here. We went with the FV 1365 and I wouldnt have it any other way. We ordered her with the 40 tool option and the 50taper BP 10K direct drive spindle. 1000psi TSC. And she has the 18i control with 600 block look ahead. I only have a couple things I wish where different but all in all I would love to get a couple more in the shop. I wish the tool changer was faster but not a huge deal since we do not run any production. The biggest issue I have is the chip conveyer, It tends to loose a lot of the smaller chips into the coolant tank which packs up and does not allow the coolant to flow back quick enough. I am still getting used to cutting steel at 900ipm. I love it and wouldnt give her up for anything.

Back