What's new
What's new

Magnetic Coolant Filter - FA800

Toolchanger

Plastic
So I had a magnetic tube grate made for the coolant tank of an FA800, but the chips keep pulling around the grate ends and it becomes a safety hazard. Don't have space for an electromagnetic separator. Has anyone come across an easy to clean tube style grade that could drop into a coolant tank?

Thanks!

So I had a magnetic tube grate made for the coolant tank of an FA800, but the chips keep pulling around the grate ends and it becomes a safety hazard. Don't have space for an electromagnetic separator. Has anyone come across an easy to clean tube style grade that could drop into a coolant tank?

Thanks!

I use a 20" well-pump filter, 5 microns.
In the return gutters, I place wooly air filter media, chips don't make it to the sump.
I haven't piled magnets in there, but will since you brought it up.

Actually, from your post I had the A-HA moment. Wrap the magnets in filtration media! Most of the stuff on hand is a pleated poly or flat woven poly. Going to give it a shot Monday. Thanks!

Late to the party, apparently.

I recall McMaster Carr had magnetic separators that you cleaned by extracting the magnets (which were isolated) from tubes letting the magnetic accumulation drop free. Ought to be pretty quick to kludge something up with ebay neo magnets.

engine coolant tanks are designed to lubricate metal parts to prevent your engine from overheating, and quickly distribute antifreeze to get vehicle up

If you pulled the magnet out you broke the tube isolating the coolant from the rest of the world . . . and probably the sensor itself.

Back