What's new
What's new

Tool Changer on Toyoda

Molds0

Plastic
I recently purchased a used Toyoda fh-55, after all of the usual problems with moving a machine, I am ready to start running/programming it.

My problem is that the tool changer arm, is in a horizontal position, but it is supposed to start from a vertical position....it looks like it was in the middle of a tool change when it was shut down. Other machining centers (all verticals) I have run in the past, have a manual operation of the tool changer arm to put it in the correct position to run. I cannot find such an operators panel on this machine.

Any suggestions?

not sure how old this machine is but on all my fh450-fh550 horizontal systems that I have been involved with the tool changer should pick up where it left off and finish the cycle. type in MDI "M6" and hit cycle start it should run through the macro used to change tools figure out where it is and complete the cycle. pallet changers are the same way. manually speaking "m907" is used then hold the plus and/ or minus buttons for a few seconds and you should see the arm start to move. when the atc light starts flashing you know your in the position window. hope this helps. later

If you can't figure it out get the tool changer mcodes. Then all you have to do is reverse or bring the process further to get it back into a home position.

BTW... Every time you hit the reset button with the tool changer in action you will have to do this. So don't lose the codes.

Husker

Husker,

If I understand you correctly, other than the M6, the machine builder should have M-codes to do each of the separate movements of the tool change operation?

Any idea where I can find those? Some documentation came with the machine, but I don't see a list of M-codes.

Yeah thats the ticket. These codes are in the 900 range. This was the way some older horizontal Toyoda's we used to have were. Let me see if I can dig up some information for you. May take a day or two. (don't work there any more, but still have friends there)

Husker

m901 swing arm left, m902 swing arm right,m906 atc one motion, m907 atc inching, m909 bevel unclamp, m910 bevel clamp,m915 atc door open, m916 atc door closed. m907 and hold plus/ minus 15 seconds doesn't work? i wouldn't have thought they would change that.

If it is the old hydraulic arm, you can put it in position manually. It has been a while but with e stop or power off you can rotate the arm back to vertical. If it is 180 out, I think it goes horizontal on power up. In that case, power down again, pull arm out as if removing tool from chain, rotate 180, push in, and rotate vertical. Also, if the one I am thinking of, should be 4 proxes on casting w indicators for each position. Could call Toyoda too as they should be able to help.

I found the problem....

The machine wasn't recognizing that the door was open for the tool changer.
The bar that the optical sensor reads, was missing, so the machine thought the door was closed and would not initiate the tool change

Glad it worked out for you. they can be a little tricky sometimes. just as a heads up that switch may also keep the coolant from comming on as well. coolant won't come on with the atc door up. good luck with your machine.

arm stuck down

go to mdi and type in M37 and put that in your mdi and hit start, that returns the arm. Tony

Back